Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wisc. Protesters Cost Taxpayers $7.5 Million for Capitol Clean Up

3 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Wisc. Protesters Cost Taxpayers $7.5 Million for Capitol Clean Up Empty Wisc. Protesters Cost Taxpayers $7.5 Million for Capitol Clean Up

Post by TexasBlue Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:42 pm

Officials say it'll cost $7.5 million to clean up glue, tape, posters left from protesters

Jeremy Ross
FOX6 TV - Milwaukee
March 3, 2011

MADISON — It could cost as much as $7.5 million to repair damage protesters have done to the Capitol Building marble say officials in Madison. Fixing posters to the marble with tape and glue appears to have done the bulk of the damage.

During testimony Thursday, a representative from the Attorney General's office said a contractor estimated it would cost $500,000 to remove all of the posters and garbage. He says it would cost $6 million to restore the marble inside of the Capitol building and another $1 million to touch up the marble outside of the building.

Officials with the Department of Administration say the marble must be restored immediately. They say normally, tape isn't used on the walls of the Capitol by rule because of the historic nature of the building. Easels are normally used for signs.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Wisc. Protesters Cost Taxpayers $7.5 Million for Capitol Clean Up Admin210

Back to top Go down

Wisc. Protesters Cost Taxpayers $7.5 Million for Capitol Clean Up Empty Re: Wisc. Protesters Cost Taxpayers $7.5 Million for Capitol Clean Up

Post by TexasBlue Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:44 pm

Imagine how many teacher positions, textbooks and new computers the state could buy with $7.5 million.

Make the union for pay for the clean up costs. Oh never mind, that's taxpayers money, too. slapping head
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Wisc. Protesters Cost Taxpayers $7.5 Million for Capitol Clean Up Empty Re: Wisc. Protesters Cost Taxpayers $7.5 Million for Capitol Clean Up

Post by dblboggie Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:31 pm

I wonder if this story was carried on the local ABC, CBS and NBC news affiliates.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Wisc. Protesters Cost Taxpayers $7.5 Million for Capitol Clean Up Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:56 pm

dblboggie wrote:I wonder if this story was carried on the local ABC, CBS and NBC news affiliates.

It wasn't on ABC New tonight.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:22 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
dblboggie wrote:I wonder if this story was carried on the local ABC, CBS and NBC news affiliates.

Not exactly a shocker. When you consider how vile the mainstream media's treatment of Tea Party protesters was, to see the truly deplorable behavior of these union protesters, their hateful signs, their boorish behavior and now the remarkable damage they have left in their wake being swept under the rug by the mainstream media should be all the proof that anyone needs as to the naked bias of the mainstream media. Had this damage been done by Tea Party protesters it would have been the lead story on every network broadcast and page one above the fold in every major daily.

dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:26 pm

dblboggie wrote:
TexasBlue wrote:

Not exactly a shocker. When you consider how vile the mainstream media's treatment of Tea Party protesters was, to see the truly deplorable behavior of these union protesters, their hateful signs, their boorish behavior and now the remarkable damage they have left in their wake being swept under the rug by the mainstream media should be all the proof that anyone needs as to the naked bias of the mainstream media. Had this damage been done by Tea Party protesters it would have been the lead story on every network broadcast and page one above the fold in every major daily.

I know some here may find what you said as deplorable but it's the truth. I spent hours (here and elsewhere) defending the accusations against the Tea Party people and just plain folks who opposed ObamaCare. It got tiring having to pull up proof that the accusations were unfounded only to be hit with innuendo instead of facts.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:40 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
dblboggie wrote:
TexasBlue wrote:

I know some here may find what you said as deplorable but it's the truth. I spent hours (here and elsewhere) defending the accusations against the Tea Party people and just plain folks who opposed ObamaCare. It got tiring having to pull up proof that the accusations were unfounded only to be hit with innuendo instead of facts.

Oh, I'm quite sure that some may, but hey, the truth is right there in the record. It's not like I have to make anything up, the evidence of the mainstream media's bias is all around us, just about every single day! We can now see, thanks to the internet and alternative media, the images and stories not being shown or told by the mainstream media. They can no longer sit on the truth with impunity; they can no longer dictate what messages and images the public will or will not see.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:48 am

dblboggie wrote:We can now see, thanks to the internet and alternative media, the images and stories not being shown or told by the mainstream media.
The other issue with the internet though: A lot of shit gets posted. The reason that some sources are not mainstream are not always because they do not tow the mainstream line, it is sometimes because they are run by people who are unhinged.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Main_Page
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:55 pm

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:
dblboggie wrote:We can now see, thanks to the internet and alternative media, the images and stories not being shown or told by the mainstream media.
The other issue with the internet though: A lot of shit gets posted. The reason that some sources are not mainstream are not always because they do not tow the mainstream line, it is sometimes because they are run by people who are unhinged.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Main_Page

Oh, believe me, I know that. And I know of no one on the right, and certainly not on the left, who would cite a site like "Conservapedia" just as they wouldn't cite the DailyKos. There are many, many sites that are just a waste of time if one is seeking the truth and some semblance of sanity.

However, I have seen mainstream media include some of the rantings from the Huffington Post, a site that is well-known as being heavily left-wing. But try to find the mainstream media citing The Weekly Standard (which is an actual magazine as well as a website - unlike the Huffington Post which is online only) - it would be a search in vain.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Main :: Politics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum