Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fukushima Nuclear Accident – a simple and accurate explanation

+3
bigger_guns_nearby
dblboggie
TexasBlue
7 posters

:: Main :: Current Events

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fukushima Nuclear Accident – a simple and accurate explanation - Page 2 Empty Re: Fukushima Nuclear Accident – a simple and accurate explanation

Post by bigger_guns_nearby Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:55 am

TBH when this started I didn't realize the Fukushima reactors were relatively outdated designs. I think with it being in Japan I just assumed they would have cutting-edge technology.
bigger_guns_nearby
bigger_guns_nearby

Fukushima Nuclear Accident – a simple and accurate explanation - Page 2 Newmem10

Birthday : 1985-07-14

Back to top Go down

Fukushima Nuclear Accident – a simple and accurate explanation - Page 2 Empty Re: Fukushima Nuclear Accident – a simple and accurate explanation

Post by TexasBlue Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:04 pm

Here was a letter in today's Minneapolis paper. I'll omit the writers name but post his letter......
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Fukushima Nuclear Accident – a simple and accurate explanation - Page 2 Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:05 pm

Your article on Minnesota's nuclear plants was nothing more than fear-mongering. We live on stable ground. Earthquakes aren't a big concern. Our 4-foot concrete walls can withstand tornadoes or whatever else Mother Nature has in mind. Unfortunately, the article was based on hypothetical possibilities. The fact is, we all face dangers that could kill any of us many times a day. Do we stop living life or doing the things we enjoy because of what-ifs? An objective article would have also mentioned the good these plants do for communities, such as providing jobs. People who work there contribute to local economies. Trust me, we are safe. So please, no more fear-mongering about these plants. I'm proud to be a Monticello resident.

http://www.startribune.com/opinion/letters/119093949.html
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Fukushima Nuclear Accident – a simple and accurate explanation - Page 2 Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:59 am

bigger_guns_nearby wrote:My bro sent me this fascinating image on the radiation topic:

Fukushima Nuclear Accident – a simple and accurate explanation - Page 2 Radiation
Interesting chart! Thumbs Up
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Fukushima Nuclear Accident – a simple and accurate explanation - Page 2 Senmem10

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2