Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perry for president? There's a case to be made

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Perry for president? There's a case to be made Empty Perry for president? There's a case to be made

Post by TexasBlue Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:32 pm

Perry for president? There's a case to be made

Barbara Hollingsworth
Washington Examiner
June 11, 2011

If Texas Gov. Rick Perry is “seriously considering running for president,” as my Examiner colleague Phil Klein reported, he has a ready-made campaign issue that could be his ace in the hole.

“Since the recovery began, 38 percent of all the jobs created in American have been created in the State of Texas,” Dallas Federal Reserve president Richard Fisher told CNBC’s “The Squawk Reserve” Tuesday.

“My district has more employment now than before the crisis began,” Fisher added.

Imagine a one-theme presidential campaign based on the simple fact that while President Obama was out there destroying American jobs by the millions, Perry was busy creating them in Texas.

Fisher cited the lack of a state income tax, and Texas’ business-friendly regulatory environment for its economic success, which has catapulted the Lone Star State to the top exporter in the U.S., surpassing California. But “the most important thing that’s happened to us is tort reform,” he said.

“We have the same interest rate structure in Texas as the rest of the United States, low interest rates, the same availability of capital, but money and people and production is moving to our state,” Fisher pointed out. “ So it’s going to go where it has the best fiscal policy as long as monetary police doesn’t get in the way….

“Liquidity is not the issue right now. I’d like to say the gas tank is full … the question is who gets in there to step on the pedal and accelerate the car to provide jobs for Americans? And that I think is not in our hands any more… It’s not the Federal Reserve that’s holding things back.”

All Perry has to do is point out that what’s holding the U.S. economy back is the job-killing, business-strangling polices of the Obama administration and compare them to his own record in Texas, where low taxes and tort reform have enticed job-producing businesses to relocate.

And tell the American people that he’s ready to put the pedal to the metal and get the rest of the nation out of the ditch as well.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Perry for president? There's a case to be made Admin210

Back to top Go down

:: Main :: Politics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum