Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About this abortion pledge

2 posters

:: Main :: Social Issues

Go down

About this abortion pledge Empty About this abortion pledge

Post by TexasBlue Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:00 pm

About this abortion pledge

Neal Boortz
June 20, 2011

Of the seven GOP candidates who debated in New Hampshire last week, five of them have just signed a pledge to advance an anti-abortion agenda.

I’ll get to who signed it and who didn’t in minute, but let’s take a look at some of the details of this pledge. The pledge, circulated by the Susan B. Anthony List, vows to cut funding for Planned Parenthood and “all other contractors and recipients of federal funds with affiliates that perform or fund abortions.” Also included is a pledge to advance the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act. Those who signed also vowed to nominate judges and executive branch officials opposed to abortion, including relevant Cabinet positions, the National Institutes of Health, the Department of Health and Human Services and ... the Department of Justice.

So here’s who signed it: Michele Bachmann, Newt Gingrich, Ron Paul, Tim Pawlenty and Rick Santorum.

Who didn’t sign it: Mitt Romney and Herman Cain.

Who’s missing: John Huntsman, who will declare his candidacy soon. I guess we’ll have to wait to see whether or not Rick Perry signs up. (Next item)

Mitt Romney says he didn’t sign it because of some “potentially unforeseen consequences.” Herman Cain says he didn’t sign it because it is not the job of the president to “advance” legislation.

Look, folks .. I only bring this up to point to the fact that pledges like this mean votes for Barack Obama in 2012. These anti-abortion pledges will only scare moderate and independent voters and be used by the Left as a talking point to make conservatives look like fundamentalist maniacs. If the tea parties had run on this platform last year the House of Representatives would still be controlled by Democrats.

You can be as anti-choice as you wish --- but you need to realize that the more you push your position the more votes you are going to cost the Republican candidate next year. No Democrat is going to rush to vote for a Republican because the Republican is anti-choice. There will, however, be Independents who will turn away from the Republican for that very reason.

I applaud Mitt Romney and Herman Cain for seeing passed silly pledges such as this and not pandering to the AbortoCentrists out there.

If you are anti-abortion … don’t have one.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

About this abortion pledge Admin210

Back to top Go down

About this abortion pledge Empty Re: About this abortion pledge

Post by dblboggie Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:25 pm

I am very happy to hear that Herman Cain did not sign it! That is good news in my estimation.
dblboggie
dblboggie

About this abortion pledge Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:27 pm

You are right in that the religious judgments of the radical cult of born again evangelicals who join the tea party and republican party are a HUGE turn off for independents. People should not have their freedoms taken from them. They should be allowed to have birth control, as well. This pledge gets rid of that. Which will force back alley abortions and increased death for women.

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:42 pm

You make some silly accusations with (as usual) nothing to back them up.

I'm not religious myself. But radical cult of born again evangelicals? C'mon.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

About this abortion pledge Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:02 pm

Cookie Parker wrote:You are right in that the religious judgments of the radical cult of born again evangelicals who join the tea party and republican party are a HUGE turn off for independents. People should not have their freedoms taken from them. They should be allowed to have birth control, as well. This pledge gets rid of that. Which will force back alley abortions and increased death for women.

I beg your pardon? I am an agnostic - and a Tea Party supporter, not to mention a registered Republican.

And to call abortion "birth control" is gross characterization of the procedure. There are many forms of birth control that don't involve the taking of the life of an unborn infant. And anyone who gets an abortion late in the second or early in the third trimester could easily be said to be terminating a living, sentient being.

It is the height of irresponsibility to have to resort to abortion as a means of birth control.
dblboggie
dblboggie

About this abortion pledge Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Main :: Social Issues

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum