Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video: Crash Flips Semi, Clogs Traffic

3 posters

:: Main :: Current Events

Go down

Video: Crash Flips Semi, Clogs Traffic Empty Video: Crash Flips Semi, Clogs Traffic

Post by TexasBlue Fri May 28, 2010 6:52 pm

Tollway Crash Flips Semi, Clogs Traffic

By Kevin Boie
Fox 4 TV Dallas-Ft. Worth
Wednesday, May 26, 2010

ADDISON, Texas - A multi-vehicle wreck on Wednesday morning left and 18-wheeler on its side and Dallas North Tollway traffic backed up for miles.

The incident happened in the southbound lanes of the road near Beltline Road in Addison, closing both northbound and southbound lanes for several hours.

The footage shows what appears to be a small tan Nissan veering into the 18-wheeler, striking it near the passenger's side of the cab. The semi then veers into the median, flips over it and lands on its side in the southbound lanes.

The truck also tore down a metal utility pole as it hurdled over the concrete barrier.

Six vehicles were involved in the crash but no one was seriously injured.

The crash closed both lanes of the roadway for some time, backing up traffic for miles.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Video: Crash Flips Semi, Clogs Traffic Admin210

Back to top Go down

Video: Crash Flips Semi, Clogs Traffic Empty Re: Video: Crash Flips Semi, Clogs Traffic

Post by TexasBlue Fri May 28, 2010 6:55 pm

Fuckin' moron in that car caused all of that. I drove truck when i lived in Dallas-Ft. Worth and traveled that very tollway countless times. Nothing but idiots driving cars these days. It's no different there than it is here in Minnesota. Same idiots.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Video: Crash Flips Semi, Clogs Traffic Empty Re: Video: Crash Flips Semi, Clogs Traffic

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Sat May 29, 2010 3:45 am

Scary. There are idiots all over the roads these days, no matter what vehicle they are using. I've seen some pretty atrocious lorries (trucks) who shouldn't have licenses.

See this one?

I think it was judged to have been her fault.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1281575/Lorry-driver-shunted-Renault-Clio-motorway-60mph-cleared.html
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Video: Crash Flips Semi, Clogs Traffic Senmem10

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat May 29, 2010 5:46 am

That's crazy. I used to drive a cabover type truck in the early 90's. I don't know how the guy could miss that. If it had a hood, then i'd say it would be easier.

My last truck.....
Video: Crash Flips Semi, Clogs Traffic Kenwor10
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Sat May 29, 2010 8:56 am

She switched lanes in front of him and was in his blind spot both before and after she moved over. I think he was absolved of any blame in that case.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat May 29, 2010 1:51 pm

I have to remember that you guys drive on the wrong side of the road. ROFL

Yeah, there's blind sides on all rigs. That doesn't always absolve the driver though. The fact that he was pushing her spoke volumes to me because as a former tractor-trailer driver, he should've felt it first and foremost.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BecMacFeegle Sat May 29, 2010 5:41 pm

An odd one, it's not as though the car just cut him up, the driver of the car seems to plough into the side and keep pushing the driver into the central reservation. Crazy!
BecMacFeegle
BecMacFeegle

Video: Crash Flips Semi, Clogs Traffic Junmem10

Birthday : 1983-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat May 29, 2010 9:06 pm

Maybe i was too harsh on that driver in Dallas (being an ex-trucker myself). He/she may have blown a tire (tyre to you guys). ROFL

Then again, texting while driving is a real bad problem here as i'm sure it is in England.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Sun May 30, 2010 3:09 am

Yes, people have gone to prison for causing accidents while using a mobile phone or texting. Texting is especially dangerous.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sun May 30, 2010 10:59 am

Texting while driving is illegal in a few states here, mine included. I know it's hard to enforce but the law is a good thing because with that law in effect, they can prosecute people who caused accidents more severely.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Sun May 30, 2010 1:53 pm

Since they made using a mobile phone illegal whilst driving, the amount of people I have seen doing it has gone up so I think that they should make it legal again and people will stop doing it :p
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sun May 30, 2010 6:17 pm

Leave the laws in place and triple the fines and/or punishment if involved in a fracas.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Main :: Current Events

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum