Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some debate bullet points from Boortz

2 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Some debate bullet points from Boortz Empty Some debate bullet points from Boortz

Post by TexasBlue Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:32 pm

Some debate bullet points from Boortz

Neal Boortz
Oct. 12, 2011

The smartest guy in the room? Well … we’ll go with most knowledgeable. That would be Newt Gingrich. We’ll play some audio from Newt. He, without a doubt, has the greatest understanding of what America was, what it is right now, and what went wrong along the way. When Newt got a chance to speak last night his passion was obvious, as was the amount of thought that went into his commentary. Our nation is facing such danger that the GOP nomination should surely go to the one candidate who has the best chance of sending Barack Obama back to the pews of Jeremiah Wright’s church and the cocktail parties in the home of Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn. If we could concentrate solely on qualifications and who might, if left to act, do the most to bring America back .. .it would be Gingrich. Take a look at his 21st Century Contract With America. Tell me this man hasn’t put some thought into this. Just where would you disagree with his plans? Unfortunately the voters are having a rough time warming up to him. Democrats have literally spent almost 20 years demonizing this man .. and that’s tough to overcome.

Most presidential? Mitt Romney. He never became flustered and addressed the questions. Do I have problems with some of his talking points and his economic plan? Of course! Who doesn’t? Remember .. this is about making sure Obama gets an early retirement.

Most likeable? Hands down .. Herman Cain. Cain did fine last night. I watched him while others were questioning him or attacking his 999 plan. He was relaxed and not agitated. He leaned back in his chair and listened. People know that the one thing we need to turn this economy around – the quickest road to an American comeback – would be fundamental tax reform. We need a tax plan that would bring businesses and business income back to America. The 999 plan would do that. We need a tax plan without the deductions and loopholes that were largely created by Washington lobbyists, a tax plan that everyone, even the government educated, can understand clearly. The 999 plan does that. The FairTax does it all better, however, but I understand Cain’s dilemma. You see how the other candidates are slamming the 999 plan? That’s nothing to what they would be doing to the FairTax. I do think that the 999 plan is a good way to transition to the FairTax …but I also think that Cain needs to find some other talking points to push. Attacking the costs imposed on business by overregulation would be a good place to start.

Rick Perry? Sorry .. just didn’t cut it. He had some good moments … but the camera caught him a couple of times looking a bit lost. He knows the economics of energy, and made some good points there. Again .. Perry would certainly make a better president than Obama. Anyone on that stage would. His performance last night, though, wasn’t all that helpful to his cause.

Unless Perry steps it up in Las Vegas next week we’re going to soon move into a two-man race for the GOP nomination.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Some debate bullet points from Boortz Admin210

Back to top Go down

Some debate bullet points from Boortz Empty Re: Some debate bullet points from Boortz

Post by dblboggie Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:35 pm

You know, the more I hear Newt, and the more I read on his site, particularly this New Contract with America, the more I tend to think that he's on the right track. There is no question that he is the most knowlegable candidate in the pack when it comes to our history and how government works.

I still prefer Cain, but I would love it if we had a Cain/Newt ticket - I would go for it reversed, but I prefer Cain's bold new approach to tax reform.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Some debate bullet points from Boortz Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Some debate bullet points from Boortz Empty Re: Some debate bullet points from Boortz

Post by TexasBlue Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:13 am

My Democrat uncle thinks that if Newt on the nomination, he'd smoke Obama.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:25 pm

TexasBlue wrote:My Democrat uncle thinks that if Newt on the nomination, he'd smoke Obama.

I know he'd smoke him in the debates, Obama is as dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to the real world.

But I have concerns with how well he would do with the conservative base, as well as with left-leaning independents.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:32 pm

Yeah, I have a few concerns about Newt. Then again, he'd be the new Reagan compared to what we have now. ROFL
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:50 pm

TexasBlue wrote:Yeah, I have a few concerns about Newt. Then again, he'd be the new Reagan compared to what we have now. ROFL

Ain't that the truth!
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down