Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Occupy Wall Street Arrests

2 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Occupy Wall Street Arrests Empty Occupy Wall Street Arrests

Post by TexasBlue Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:18 pm

It's not surprising how our glorious "main stream" and "impartial" media have failed to report this. More than 1,500 people have already been for arrested for charges including assaulting police officers, disorderly contact, trespassing and more.

Here's a rundown of the arrests documented, by date:

September 18 – New York, NY: 2 Arrests
September 19 – New York, NY: 5 Arrests
September 24 – New York, NY: 80 Arrests
October 1 – New York, NY: 700 Arrests
October 5- St. Louis, MO: 10 Arrests
October 6 – Los Angeles, CA: 11 Arrests
October 6 – San Francisco, CA: 1 Arrest
October 6 – Santa Barbara, CA: 9 Arrests
October 7 – Sacramento, CA: 19 Arrests
October 8 – Des Moines, IA: 32 Arrests
October 11 – Boston, MA: 140 Arrests
October 11 – Washington, D.C.: 6 Arrests
October 11 – Chicago, IL: 21 Arrests
October 12 – Houston, TX: 8 Arrests
October 12 – San Francisco, CA: 11 Arrests
October 13 – Austin, TX: 4 Arrests
October 13 – Seattle, WA: 10 Arrests
October 13 – Portland, OR: 8 Arrests
October 13 – Gainesville, FL: 4 Arrests
October 14 – New York, NY: 14 Arrests
October 14 – Seattle, WA: 1 Arrests
October 14 – Denver, CO: 24 Arrests
October 14 – San Diego, CA: 1 Arrest
October 15 – New York, NY: 92 Arrests
October 15 – Minneapolis, MN: 1 Arrest
October 15 – Raleigh, NC: 15 Arrests
October 15 – Tucson, AZ: 53 Arrests
October 15 – Phoenix, AZ: 46 Arrests
October 16 – Chicago, IL: 175 Arrests
October 16 – Washington, D.C.: 19 Arrests
October 16 – Phoenix, AZ: 3 Arrests
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Occupy Wall Street Arrests Admin210

Back to top Go down

Occupy Wall Street Arrests Empty Re: Occupy Wall Street Arrests

Post by Arx Ferrum Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:10 pm

There are a lot... I do mean a lot of forces at work right now under the large, common tent called 'Occupy _(Location)_'.

As I mentioned in my intro here, I really don't need to agree with a presentation to appreciate its value as a presentation. In the beginning, those occupiers were mostly brats of comfort sucking down Starbucks, munching pizza and snapping pics with their high dollar cell phones to send to their friends. It seemed to me a horrible presentation because there they were protesting against the very free market symbols that they were so dependently feeding from. It was a ridiculous irony, if not a base statement of hypocrisy.

Confession: When I was much, much younger and before I entered the military service, I wore these really floppy bell bottoms, had this fat, wide leather belt with a large, brass buckle... and then there were the boots and the hair. Oh my gawd, my hair? It was wayyy past halfway down my back... with a little peach-fuzzy goatee holding it up from my face.

Yeah, I was on the line on more than one sign-carrying detail, too... once against a president named Tricky Dick. We got rained on, spit on, had beer bottles tossed at us, rocks, sticks and even had a large dog sic'd on us from the back of an old pick up truck. It was more like real work than any work I would know until later when I did wear a uniform.

So, at first, I was not impressed with the kids on Wall Street. Agreeing with their reasoning or not, they were creatures of comfort putting a bad face on the job of speaking ones mind to the man... and it ticked me off. These guys are NOT going to get busted for anything except MAYBE littering.

But to nip this ear bender in the bud a bit, things have now changed. Not only are those comfort kiddies still there, so are the political activists and idealists and the anarchists and the Marxists and even dizzy Nancy Pelosi. Organizational efforts have improved but now with this mixture, there's no real guarantee that anyone is going to follow that (or any) leadership. So, it's gone from one extreme to the other and is something reminding me of those long-term occupational sit-ins of the 60s and 70s (college administration offices, government buildings, etc.) that evolved (or devolved) into raunchy squatter's camps where food and sanitation was all but nonexistent.

Anyway, I don't have to agree with these folks to support their right to protest... but this younger generation sure has a lot to learn about how to spend oneself into a cause.

Okay, that's a wrap, lol.

Arx Ferrum
Arx Ferrum

Occupy Wall Street Arrests Newmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:33 pm

Arx Ferrum wrote:Not only are those comfort kiddies still there, so are the political activists and idealists and the anarchists and the Marxists and even dizzy Nancy Pelosi. Organizational efforts have improved but now with this mixture, there's no real guarantee that anyone is going to follow that (or any) leadership.

That's kinda what Bubbles was saying yesterday. The far extremes invading the norm.

The thing is; I can't stand Obama one bit. I blame him for the continued misery here. Did he start it? Nope. He walked into a pile of shit. But he could've actually done wayyyyy better if he had jettisoned the partisan bullshit. He basically fucked himself with the lack of results we're getting. He continuously blames everyone except himself or his policies. He won't own up.

When Obama loses next year (and he will lose), the left will blame the GOP for his failure. It's more of the same; blame instead of looking inward. Ya see, us conservatives saw what Bush and the GOP turned into back in 2003-4 and 5. I exited the Republican Party back then. It was no surprise to me when the GOP lost control of congress in 2006. I didn't blame anyone except those who fostered what we reaped.

Back on topic;

I find it funny how the extreme left is getting involved in this OWS shit and the media is silent. If the KKK had infiltrated the Tea Party, the media would've been the first ones there.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Occupy Wall Street Arrests Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Main :: Politics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum