Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minister: China wants to invest in US roads, rails

:: Main :: Current Events

Go down

Minister: China wants to invest in US roads, rails Empty Minister: China wants to invest in US roads, rails

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:26 pm

Code:
http://news.yahoo.com/minister-china-wants-invest-us-roads-rails-130339148.html

China wants to convert some of its mountain of U.S. government debt into investment in renovating American roads and subways, the commerce minister said Friday.

Speaking to a business group, Chen Deming said China wants closer cooperation with the United States in infrastructure, clean energy and technology.

Such investments would tie China more closely to Western economies and might help defuse fears Beijing will use its $3.2 trillion in foreign reserves — some $1.15 trillion of that in Treasury and other U.S. government debt — as a political weapon.

Would this be a good idea?

Back to top Go down

Minister: China wants to invest in US roads, rails Empty Re: Minister: China wants to invest in US roads, rails

Post by TexasBlue Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:44 pm

Cookie Parker wrote:Would this be a good idea?

Not sure about this. I'd like to see Dbl's opinion on this. He's very well-learned on stuff like this. I'm sure there's pros and cons.

That said, I trust China like I do Hugo Chavez. None.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Minister: China wants to invest in US roads, rails Admin210

Back to top Go down

Minister: China wants to invest in US roads, rails Empty Re: Minister: China wants to invest in US roads, rails

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:47 pm

TexasBlue wrote:

Not sure about this. I'd like to see Dbl's opinion on this. He's very well-learned on stuff like this. I'm sure there's pros and cons.

I know...I'm torn, too. I'd be afraid they'd bring in workers from China, you know?

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:57 pm

Cookie Parker wrote:
TexasBlue wrote:

I know...I'm torn, too. I'd be afraid they'd bring in workers from China, you know?

Just what we need.... more foreign workers when we have 15+ million out of work.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Minister: China wants to invest in US roads, rails Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down