Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House Republicans pass major anti-regulation bill

3 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

House Republicans pass major anti-regulation bill Empty House Republicans pass major anti-regulation bill

Post by Guest Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:19 am

Code:
http://news.yahoo.com/house-republicans-pass-major-anti-regulation-bill-192331688.html

In an ambitious gesture to their business allies, House Republicans passed legislation Friday to reduce what the GOP calls "an avalanche" of unneeded, costly regulations. Opponents call the bill an attempt to prevent the government from protecting Americans at their workplaces, in their homes and when they want a breath of fresh air.

The 253-167 vote sent the bill to the Democratic-run Senate, where it's likely to die. Just in case, the White House has issued a veto threat.

Republicans insist the mostly technical legislation would simply force federal agencies to follow presidential directives that have often been ignored — including seeking with the lowest cost. The objective, the GOP says, is to allow companies to use their money to hire workers.

But Democrats, the White House, and government watchdog groups insist the aim is to get rid of aggressive rules approved by the Obama administration — regulations that businesses complain about constantly.

"America faces an avalanche of unnecessary federal regulatory costs," Rep. Lamar Smith, R-Texas, the House Judiciary Committee chairman, said during House debate. "Yet the Obama administration seeks to add billions more to that cost."

Democratic Rep. George Miller of California denounced the bill, saying the U.S. has spent great time and effort "to ensure when workers go to work every day, they will return safely to their home."

"This legislation begins to bring that to an end because it would needlessly and recklessly expose our workers to injuries," said Miller, the senior Democrat on the House Education and the Workforce Committee.. . .

Anti-W0rker and pro-corporate legislation has certainly been the hallmark of the republican party. Making our country as polluted as American corporations have made Mexico and china is not a good thing for our future generations.

Back to top Go down

House Republicans pass major anti-regulation bill Empty Re: House Republicans pass major anti-regulation bill

Post by Mark85la Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:30 am

Classic DNC talking point that the GOP wants dirty air and dirty water etc and that they're for those evil corporations. But good for them to at least try to loosen the EPA's extreme regulations that hurt businesses. The government needs to get out of the way of businesses I say.
Mark85la
Mark85la

House Republicans pass major anti-regulation bill Senmem10

Birthday : 1985-12-02

Back to top Go down

House Republicans pass major anti-regulation bill Empty Re: House Republicans pass major anti-regulation bill

Post by Arx Ferrum Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:59 pm

I am all for clean water and air. Heck, I drink and breathe it everyday. The logic that ANYONE would want dirt air and dirty water is entirely political.

But that being said, I understand enough of the human condition to know that greed often supplants common sense. This means that while I don't trust my government to do what is right all of the time, I don't trust John Q. Businessperson, either.

It comes down to oversight and where this works the best is when you have committees elected by the people on the local and state level, that then answer back directly to the electorate and not some career bureaucrat of corporate bigwig.

We most often call them 'watchdog' organizations. Once they sniff out a genuine issue and we the people get wind of it, there will be course corrections.
Arx Ferrum
Arx Ferrum

House Republicans pass major anti-regulation bill Newmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:50 am

Mark85la wrote:Classic DNC talking point that the GOP wants dirty air and dirty water etc and that they're for those evil corporations. But good for them to at least try to loosen the EPA's extreme regulations that hurt businesses. The government needs to get out of the way of businesses I say.

Prove to me it won't CREATE dirty air, water and land. Show me the proof that China is better off with no EPA than they would be if they had it. BTW, lung cancer is up 60% in china, and the number of smokers has not increased.

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:41 pm

Cookie Parker wrote:
Mark85la wrote:Classic DNC talking point that the GOP wants dirty air and dirty water etc and that they're for those evil corporations. But good for them to at least try to loosen the EPA's extreme regulations that hurt businesses. The government needs to get out of the way of businesses I say.

Prove to me it won't CREATE dirty air, water and land. Show me the proof that China is better off with no EPA than they would be if they had it. BTW, lung cancer is up 60% in china, and the number of smokers has not increased.

You know Cookie, you're real big on asking others to "prove" this or that contention.

Tell ya what, how about YOU PROVE that the regulations being blocked, those being referenced in the article you posted, WILL lead to dirtier air or water!

I don't believe for a second that that would be the case!
dblboggie
dblboggie

House Republicans pass major anti-regulation bill Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Main :: Politics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum