Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cold Criminality of Climate Change

2 posters

:: Main :: Current Events

Go down

The Cold Criminality of Climate Change Empty The Cold Criminality of Climate Change

Post by Arx Ferrum Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:46 pm

The subject of 'Global Warming' has now been applied like a crowbar to create laws and so too, criminals out of people for doing what was once nothing more than exercising a little initiative...

Police in Chile have arrested a man on suspicion of stealing five tonnes of ice from the Jorge Montt glacier in the Patagonia region to sell as designer ice cubes in bars and restaurants.

Local media reported that last Friday police intercepted a refrigerated truck with an estimated £3,900 worth of illicit ice allegedly bound for whiskies, rums and cocktails in the capital Santiago.

Authorities have accused the driver of theft and are considering adding violation of national monuments to the charge sheet.

Environmentalists have cited it as evidence that man-made climate change is warming the planet. Sceptics have cited other explanations for retreating glaciers, but theft – until now – was not one of them.

Adding a little sauce for this strangled goose, the story even suggests that Global Warming skeptics agree... agree, mind you, that 'stealing' glacial ice is a problem...

Climate change sceptics have acquired a new explanation for why glaciers are retreating: it's not global warming, it's theft.

It may be the only case in which both sides agree human activity was to blame.

This story contains more bullshit than is allowed by most laws... not to mention a bucket load of journalistic-yellowing.

Full story:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2012/feb/01/glacier-thief-arrested-ice-cubes

Be careful next time you build a snowman... that might someday soon land you in jail.

Arx Ferrum
Arx Ferrum

The Cold Criminality of Climate Change Newmem10

Back to top Go down

The Cold Criminality of Climate Change Empty Re: The Cold Criminality of Climate Change

Post by Arx Ferrum Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:41 am

Hmmm...

In reply to my own post, I would like to add that this morning's visit to the awful waffle (Waffle House) to hob-nob with the locals, was enhanced by the above story.

I know these guys (and gals) as we often meet here on Saturdays during college football season. But, even though that has now passed, a few still hold to their weekly constitutionals and drop by.

It all began when my new friend... whom we'll refer to as 'Jim-Bob' (I love redneck colloquialisms, lol), ordered an iced tea (sweet tea) with his breakfast instead of coffee. I ask the waitress where the ice came from and she pointed to the ice maker behind the counter. At this point, eyes from the booth behind me were burning a hole in my head so I spun about and retold the story of the guy who got busted by the Global Warming police for snitching some ice from a glacier.

That is where it began. No one even believed me at first but another friend, 'Vera', had her iPhone and she looked up the story and verified it to all attending. At that, two Iowa-based truck drivers at the counter damned danged near passed their coffee through their noses laughing!

Vera read the whole story and then looked up several other versions... one being at a liberal website (I forget which... prolly Huff Puffington's) and things began to get rowdy. People were asking the waitresses if they could prove their ice was legal and not hijacked or illegally imported from some special glacier!

OMG... it was a hoot and 2/3.

The mere notion of it being illegal to get some ice from ANY glacier is just so very rediculous that it defies belief... until you find out that it's true and that the UN is basically behind the whole concept.

Holy ice.

Jesus wept.

The rednecks rolled.

Arx Ferrum
Arx Ferrum

The Cold Criminality of Climate Change Newmem10

Back to top Go down

The Cold Criminality of Climate Change Empty Re: The Cold Criminality of Climate Change

Post by TexasBlue Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:31 pm

Funny story.

But it is insane. Nobody "owns" the arctics on either end. So, we have the "ice police" taking matter in their own hands.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

The Cold Criminality of Climate Change Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down