Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama’s Game Plan: Let’s Make This All About the Republicans

4 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Obama’s Game Plan: Let’s Make This All About the Republicans Empty Obama’s Game Plan: Let’s Make This All About the Republicans

Post by TexasBlue Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:44 pm

Obama’s Game Plan: Let’s Make This All About the Republicans

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/johncassidy/2012/04/obamas-game-plan.html
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Obama’s Game Plan: Let’s Make This All About the Republicans Admin210

Back to top Go down

Obama’s Game Plan: Let’s Make This All About the Republicans Empty Re: Obama’s Game Plan: Let’s Make This All About the Republicans

Post by Mark85la Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:12 pm

Obviously. Let's see if the public is stupid and goes for it, wouldn't be surprised, I don't know anyone who likes the GOP at least around here..
Mark85la
Mark85la

Obama’s Game Plan: Let’s Make This All About the Republicans Senmem10

Birthday : 1985-12-02

Back to top Go down

Obama’s Game Plan: Let’s Make This All About the Republicans Empty Re: Obama’s Game Plan: Let’s Make This All About the Republicans

Post by TheNextPrez2012 Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:28 pm

Mark85la wrote:I don't know anyone who likes the GOP at least around here..

Gee, I wonder why... Laughing
Could it be because the GOP wants to do the following:
A)cut education funding
B)not want wealthy people to pay more taxes
C)put more money into defense to bomb countries that are of no concern to us...
D)be stubborn enough to get to the point of almost dropping credit ratings and messing the economy (thanks tea party for that one)

That's what you're dealing with for the GOP. Now tell me is there anybody with a brain that actually believes that is the way to go? Chin Scratch

Forget political lines. One person wants to do those things and the other person doesn't. What's right...?
TheNextPrez2012
TheNextPrez2012

Obama’s Game Plan: Let’s Make This All About the Republicans Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark85la Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:32 pm

I live in Democrat leaning state, that's all I meant by that. You say you're not on either side, but you clearly buy into the leftist bullshit.. You're the type Obama wants, uniformed and misled.
Mark85la
Mark85la

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark85la Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:00 pm

Oh and Obama isn't even running on his record, he has nothing to brag about. People on the left have to make up shit to distract us from the bad economy like the war on women and that bullshit.
Mark85la
Mark85la

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:07 pm

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:
Mark85la wrote:I don't know anyone who likes the GOP at least around here..

Gee, I wonder why... Laughing
Could it be because the GOP wants to do the following:
A)cut education funding

A typical strawman argument. Republicans want to stop the Federal government's seizure of tax dollars from the citizens of the several states so that money can be redirected by those states toward education as they see fit.

The fact is, the federal government has no constitutionally enumerated power to be directing the education of the state's citizens.

Even more important to point out, since the creation of the Dept of Education the test scores of our nation's children have been on a DRAMTIC decline! We are graduating kids (when they graduate at all) who are actually illiterate! Our government schools are an international disgrace, and that is DESPITE the TRILLIONS of dollars the federal government has spent - money the states could have put to much better use!

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:B)not want wealthy people to pay more taxes

Yet ANOTHER strawman! The "wealthy," as has been pointed out more times than I can count at this point, pay the VAST MAJORITY OF THE TAXES in this country. They earn about 18% of the income, but pay FOURTY PERCENT of all income taxes!

The bottom FIFTY PERCENT of income earners pay next to NOTHING in income taxes!

And guess who that 50% work for THE FREAKING WEALTHY!!!

Go ahead, keep jacking up their taxes and watch even more jobs fleeing offshore!

Democrats and other leftists have no fucking clue of basic economics or the history of tax increases and their negative impacts on raising revenue.

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:C)put more money into defense to bomb countries that are of no concern to us...

This is just bullshit. Our military is HALF the size it was in the 80's and is nearly as weak as it was before WWII. We live in a world even more dangerous than we faced during the Cold War. North Korea is nuking up, Iran is nucking up, the entire Islamic Middle East is aflame with radical Islamic upheavals and those radicals are at a self professed war with the West.

Sure, let's just slash the defense budget even more than it has been in the last 3 years. There's a strategy we should pursue in an unstable world.

Screw dealing with our broken entitlement programs whose costs are approaching 100% of our GDP.

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:D)be stubborn enough to get to the point of almost dropping credit ratings and messing the economy (thanks tea party for that one)

That one was Obama's fault pure and simple! He asked for yet another debt limit increase with ZERO real decreases in government spending! Obama has increased our debt by more than all previous presidents combined! His deficts have topped a TRILLION dollars for 3 years running! And last August, he demonstrated no willingness to temper his profligate spending in the slightest. THAT is why S&P downgraded us to AA status.

Republican's, Paul Ryan in particular, have been the sole voice for fiscal responsibility.

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:That's what you're dealing with for the GOP. Now tell me is there anybody with a brain that actually believes that is the way to go Chin Scratch

Forget political lines. One person wants to do those things and the other person doesn't. What's right...

Your post is shot through with fallicies and strawman agrguments.

It is clear, despite your claims, that you are indeed a committed leftist.

You might pretend to reside in the "center," but this post exposes your true leftist leanings.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheNextPrez2012 Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:13 am

dblboggie wrote:Republicans want to stop the Federal government's seizure of tax dollars from the citizens of the several states so that money can be redirected by those states toward education as they see fit.

So your idea is to allow every state to make its own level of education and allow every state to allocate as much money as they want for education? I'm gonna take a guess and say that the money would be very low and the standards for testing would be even lower. Less money and lower standards mean higher graduation rates due to the standards being so low.
A national standard for education is better.
And as for the low test scores for students, you can't blame anybody but the students for that. You can provide students with the best of everything but if they don't want to learn then they won't learn.

dblboggie wrote:We live in a world even more dangerous than we faced during the Cold War. North Korea is nuking up, Iran is nucking up, the entire Islamic Middle East is aflame with radical Islamic upheavals and those radicals are at a self professed war with the West.

I would support military defense if we were at war with Canada and a primary target was Buffalo with Canada's missile launching facility in Toronto.
The simple fact is we are the ones starting these wars by invading other countries on the other side of the planet. Stop invading other countries and save trillions (How does "stop a war and save a trillion" sound as a bumper sticker?)

dblboggie wrote:It is clear, despite your claims, that you are indeed a committed leftist.
You might pretend to reside in the "center," but this post exposes your true leftist leanings.

Party lines are irrelevant.
Doing what's right is what is right no matter who comes up with the ideas. But that's so hard to understand because this nation is so buried in politics it's tough to think sensibly.
As for being misguided and uninformed I would say that would go for any American that believes politics will fix what politics has ruined.

And a final parting shot of wisdom:
The Right will always side with the Right and the Left will always side with the Left. And since nobody will give support to a middle of the road candidate, the winner of ANY election on ANY level of government is the person that is most easily bought, bribed, and controlled.
TheNextPrez2012
TheNextPrez2012

Back to top Go down

Post by TheNextPrez2012 Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:04 pm

Who here thinks that Obama will increase taxes on job creators?
Maybe they forget that a "Ma and Pa store" in the middle of Iowa that has just 2 stores also hires people and to some extent that makes those stores job creators.
I would be stunned if Obama even thinks about raising taxes for people and businesses that can't afford it.
Methinks he is going after those other small businesses like...Exxon.
TheNextPrez2012
TheNextPrez2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark85la Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:13 pm

His Health Care law already hurts businesses and hurts them by them not wanting to hire people due to the high costs. He wants to raise taxes on all job creators, he already made this a bad business environment with his EPA regulations and threat of taxing the "rich" and he's anti-business for the most part, most people know that.
Mark85la
Mark85la

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:53 pm

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:Who here thinks that Obama will increase taxes on job creators?
Maybe they forget that a "Ma and Pa store" in the middle of Iowa that has just 2 stores also hires people and to some extent that makes those stores job creators.
I would be stunned if Obama even thinks about raising taxes for people and businesses that can't afford it.
Methinks he is going after those other small businesses like...Exxon.

First, it's all election year drivel because currently the House is controlled by the GOP. It'll never pass.

Second, it depends on the tax increases. Small business make a ton of money in many cases. They will get hit. The drones forget (conveniently) the US tax code and how it's set up.

High taxes will hurt people who have money invested in 401K's and other ventures. The talking heads don't mention that either. I have money invested. Tax me some more and watch those investments take a shit and watch me lose money in the end.

Obama is the most divisive president we have ever had. Ever. The shit that comes out of his mouth is nothing more than pure class, gender, and race warfare.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:33 pm

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:
dblboggie wrote:Republicans want to stop the Federal government's seizure of tax dollars from the citizens of the several states so that money can be redirected by those states toward education as they see fit.

So your idea is to allow every state to make its own level of education and allow every state to allocate as much money as they want for education I'm gonna take a guess and say that the money would be very low and the standards for testing would be even lower. Less money and lower standards mean higher graduation rates due to the standards being so low.
A national standard for education is better.
And as for the low test scores for students, you can't blame anybody but the students for that. You can provide students with the best of everything but if they don't want to learn then they won't learn.

Every last bit of this response is uncorroborated supposition and speculation. There's not a single fact in it.

The REAL FACT remains the federal government does NOT have a constitutionally enumerated power to interfere in or to direct the states educational systems, PERIOD!

And another fact, which you have not adressed, is the ABYSMAL job the federal government has done since involving itself in education. These are undisputable facts! The whole world knows how lousy a job we are doing in educating our youth - and this is despite the TRILLIONS of dollars the fed has sunk into education (at least alledgedly sunk into it... you'd never know it given the shitty work product).

The states couldn't possibly do a worse job, even if they tried! (Hyperbole of course, but you take my point I trust.)

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:
dblboggie wrote:We live in a world even more dangerous than we faced during the Cold War. North Korea is nuking up, Iran is nucking up, the entire Islamic Middle East is aflame with radical Islamic upheavals and those radicals are at a self professed war with the West.

I would support military defense if we were at war with Canada and a primary target was Buffalo with Canada's missile launching facility in Toronto.
The simple fact is we are the ones starting these wars by invading other countries on the other side of the planet. Stop invading other countries and save trillions (How does "stop a war and save a trillion" sound as a bumper sticker)

I don't know how old you are, so you might not have noticed that the Islamic world declared war on America DECADES ago, and they have been waging it ever since, one bombing at a time.

We didn't take the hint after the first WTC bombing, but that 2nd attempt finally woke some people up, and suddenly our whole thinking about the threat of terrorism made paradigm shift, and we finally realized those Islamists were deadly serious about the war they declared on us decades ago.

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:
dblboggie wrote:It is clear, despite your claims, that you are indeed a committed leftist.

Party lines are irrelevant.
Doing what's right is what is right no matter who comes up with the ideas. But that's so hard to understand because this nation is so buried in politics it's tough to think sensibly.
As for being misguided and uninformed I would say that would go for any American that believes politics will fix what politics has ruined.

And a final parting shot of wisdom:
The Right will always side with the Right and the Left will always side with the Left. And since nobody will give support to a middle of the road candidate, the winner of ANY election on ANY level of government is the person that is most easily bought, bribed, and controlled.

Sorry, I'm flirting with 60-years of age, and I cannot muster even a fraction of the sheer cynicism and apathy you display here; and I have actually worked in the belly of the beast for years!

The fact remains, there are real and substantive differences between the ideologies of the 2 main parties here, no matter how imperfectly they are expressed or practiced.

And as mankind is and always has been imperfect, I try to elect those representatives who express views and positions that most closely match mine. They're never a perfect match, hell, they're rarely close. But that's politics. And I remain engaged because that's what a responsible citizen should do.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark85la Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:44 pm

I know people love Bill Clinton, but he could have taken out Bin Laden when he had the chance and nobody did anything when the USS Cole was bombed.
Mark85la
Mark85la

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:11 pm

Mark85la wrote:I know people love Bill Clinton, but he could have taken out Bin Laden when he had the chance and nobody did anything when the USS Cole was bombed.

As I recall, Clinton had 3 bites at the Bin Laden apple, all of which he neglected to take.

Clinton treated terrorism as law enforcement problem, hence the heavy FBI involvement in the USS Cole bombing.

We did not start taking Islam's declared war on America until 9/11/2001. THAT tragedy FINALLY woke up our leadership to the seriousness of their declaration of war. War is not the pervue of law enforcement. Bush got the point.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark85la Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:13 pm

Does it surprise you that Clinton still has a high approval rating?
Mark85la
Mark85la

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:24 pm

Mark85la wrote:Does it surprise you that Clinton still has a high approval rating

Yes and no. Sadly, far too many Americans are completely ignorant of history, politics, economics, and just about any relevant field that would make one a responsible citizen.

Most of them are thoroughly distracted by the "bread and circuses" of modern society.

It's sad really, but history teaches us that this is what happens to all civilizations.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheNextPrez2012 Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:29 am

I love how you guys always defend your views with these long politically centered rebuttals
I say things that are so simplistic and common sense that they never should have been screwed around with at all and you use political jibber jabber to explain your views...

The Left (apparently) says the common sense stuff and the Right (apparently) wants to get back to the common sense stuff but neither side can agree on how to do it or how to handle it.

Did you guys just say that a Ma and Pa knitting store in Iowa is pulling in profits like Exxon?
TheNextPrez2012
TheNextPrez2012

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:22 pm

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:I love how you guys always defend your views with these long politically centered rebuttals
I say things that are so simplistic and common sense that they never should have been screwed around with at all and you use political jibber jabber to explain your views...

Much of what you say isn't just "common sense" views. You have left wing views. Of course there's going to be rebuttals. That's what debate is. That's what this forum is for.

What I find hilarious is how some have made comments that it's nothing but an echo chamber in here. Well? If someone disagrees with what anybody else says, then rebut it. Debate it. Prove the other guy wrong.

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:The Left (apparently) says the common sense stuff and the Right (apparently) wants to get back to the common sense stuff but neither side can agree on how to do it or how to handle it.

There's a thread of truth here. Neither side will budge. But I didn't hear you complaining when the Democrats had total control of congress from 2006 to 2010. Two of those years, they had Obama signing anything they sent his way. So, after shutting out the GOP from many other bills (legislation), do you really think they're going to just rubber stamp Obama's initiatives some more? Most everything he's "accomplished" has turned out to be nothing but a boondoggle.

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:Did you guys just say that a Ma and Pa knitting store in Iowa is pulling in profits like Exxon?

What was Exxon's total profits last year? Then tell me what their profit MARGIN is.

Then, tell me what Ma and Pa will make when their tax is thrusted to 35%.

You don't know what it takes to run a business or you wouldn't make statements like this. My father has his own business and has had it for over 30 years. He's struggling to this day, and at times, wants to throw in the towel. He blames the Democrats in DC for their federal intrusion and then he blames the Minnesota gov't for its strangling bullshit that they do on business.

My landlord used to own the bowling alley here in town. I live in a small town of 3,000. He told me that state regulations strangle business like his. He sold it last year. He got tired of the bullshit.... and then he keeps voting Democrat. ROFL
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:59 pm

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:I love how you guys always defend your views with these long politically centered rebuttals.

Well gee buddy, it is a POLITICAL forum for the discussion and debate of POLITICS!

What did expect? Nursery rhymes?

And not to put too fine a point on it, at least we are defending our point of view with provable facts.

So far, all you have done is expressed opinions not corroborated by the real world.

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:I say things that are so simplistic and common sense that they never should have been screwed around with at all and you use political jibber jabber to explain your views...

You certainly say things that are simplistic... but they are not even remotely close to common sense.

And if you view basic economic truths and the citation of historical events as "political jibber jabber" then I can't help you as you are clearly out of your depth in debating politics.

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:The Left (apparently) says the common sense stuff and the Right (apparently) wants to get back to the common sense stuff but neither side can agree on how to do it or how to handle it.

I don't even know what this means. What are you trying to say here?

Here's the left/right debate in a nutshell as I see it.

Democrats (politicians) want to continually expand the role of government in our lives. They are constantly pushing for new or expanded powers for government over every aspect of our personal and business lives. We are already at a point where there is scarcely a single decision one can make that is not influenced or limited by a federal law or regulation. And it matters not if the proposed law is unconstitutional, because Democrats have been seeking to thwart the limitations it places on the federal government since Woodrow Wilson.

Democrats believe in the redistribution of wealth, a Marxist principle, and have consistently pushed for expanded "entitlements" for citizens over the decades because they genuinely believe they know best about how a citizens income should be spent. They are creating an increasinly larger base of citizens who depend on the government for the wherewithal to survive.

Go to any national park where wildlife comes into contact with humans and you will you see signs posted by the federal government telling people NOT to feed the animals as it causes them become dependent on humans as a food sources, making them less able to forage and hunt in the wild! And yet this same federal government is literally doing to the American people what they tell them not to do to wild animals in national parks. They are making them dependent on government, rather than encouraging them to stand on their own 2 feet.

That is the Democrats desire. They don't see Americans as individuals, they seem them as groups; white, black, hispanic, asian, male, female, rich, poor, etc. etc. etc., ad infinitum. Democrats are collectivists and they see the federal government as the ultimate paternal figure there to care for their flock.

But guess what? THOSE ARE NOT THE FOUNDING PRINCIPLES OF THIS REPUBLIC!!!

Republicans, when they are following the founding principles of that party, represent the true ideals this nation was founded; indivualism, self-sufficiency, personal responsibility, personal liberty, limited government acting within its constitutionally enumerated powers, free markets and free people employing capitalism in a manner that creates wealth and plenty for all!

This is what made America the most free, most prosperous and most powerful nation in the history of the world!

Sadly, just as Jefferson warned (see my siggy below), we have wandered FAR off the trail, and it is Democrats who have been the main drivers of this; though we have to give Republicans a substantial helping of the blame for this as they too have wandered from the party's core principles.

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:Did you guys just say that a Ma and Pa knitting store in Iowa is pulling in profits like Exxon

No one said that, though as Tex pointed out, Ma and Pa's knitting store in Iowa is pulling a larger PROFIT MARGIN, than Exxon or any of the major oil producers!

And Obama wants to hit all those small business owners, who report their profits on their personal income tax returns, with a heafty tax increase! Only the very smallest of small businesses pull in less than $250,000, but Obama would treat them like the "greedy rich" and tax them into oblivion - not to mention regulate them into oblivion.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheNextPrez2012 Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:29 pm

dblboggie wrote:
TheNextPrez2012 wrote:I love how you guys always defend your views with these long politically centered rebuttals.

Well gee buddy, it is a POLITICAL forum for the discussion and debate of POLITICS!

What did expect? Nursery rhymes?

And not to put too fine a point on it, at least we are defending our point of view with provable facts.

So far, all you have done is expressed opinions not corroborated by the real world.

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:I say things that are so simplistic and common sense that they never should have been screwed around with at all and you use political jibber jabber to explain your views...

You certainly say things that are simplistic... but they are not even remotely close to common sense.

And if you view basic economic truths and the citation of historical events as "political jibber jabber" then I can't help you as you are clearly out of your depth in debating politics.

I don't even know what this means. What are you trying to say here?

Democrats (politicians) want to continually expand the role of government in our lives. They are constantly pushing for new or expanded powers for government over every aspect of our personal and business lives. We are already at a point where there is scarcely a single decision one can make that is not influenced or limited by a federal law or regulation. And it matters not if the proposed law is unconstitutional, because Democrats have been seeking to thwart the limitations it places on the federal government since Woodrow Wilson.

Democrats believe in the redistribution of wealth, a Marxist principle, and have consistently pushed for expanded "entitlements" for citizens over the decades because they genuinely believe they know best about how a citizens income should be spent. They are creating an increasinly larger base of citizens who depend on the government for the wherewithal to survive.

Go to any national park where wildlife comes into contact with humans and you will you see signs posted by the federal government telling people NOT to feed the animals as it causes them become dependent on humans as a food sources, making them less able to forage and hunt in the wild! And yet this same federal government is literally doing to the American people what they tell them not to do to wild animals in national parks. They are making them dependent on government, rather than encouraging them to stand on their own 2 feet.

That is the Democrats desire. They don't see Americans as individuals, they seem them as groups; white, black, hispanic, asian, male, female, rich, poor, etc. etc. etc., ad infinitum. Democrats are collectivists and they see the federal government as the ultimate paternal figure there to care for their flock.

But guess what? THOSE ARE NOT THE FOUNDING PRINCIPLES OF THIS REPUBLIC!!!

Republicans, when they are following the founding principles of that party, represent the true ideals this nation was founded; indivualism, self-sufficiency, personal responsibility, personal liberty, limited government acting within its constitutionally enumerated powers, free markets and free people employing capitalism in a manner that creates wealth and plenty for all!

This is what made America the most free, most prosperous and most powerful nation in the history of the world!

Sadly, just as Jefferson warned (see my siggy below), we have wandered FAR off the trail, and it is Democrats who have been the main drivers of this; though we have to give Republicans a substantial helping of the blame for this as they too have wandered from the party's core principles.

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:Did you guys just say that a Ma and Pa knitting store in Iowa is pulling in profits like Exxon

No one said that, though as Tex pointed out, Ma and Pa's knitting store in Iowa is pulling a larger PROFIT MARGIN, than Exxon or any of the major oil producers!

And Obama wants to hit all those small business owners, who report their profits on their personal income tax returns, with a heafty tax increase! Only the very smallest of small businesses pull in less than $250,000, but Obama would treat them like the "greedy rich" and tax them into oblivion - not to mention regulate them into oblivion.

Too much here to fire back with just words. This deserves a video...
I'll give you the video within a couple of days.
TheNextPrez2012
TheNextPrez2012

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:51 pm

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:
dblboggie wrote:

What did expect Nursery rhymes

I don't even know what this means. What are you trying to say here

But guess what THOSE ARE NOT THE FOUNDING PRINCIPLES OF THIS REPUBLIC!!!

Too much here to fire back with just words. This deserves a video...
I'll give you the video within a couple of days.

Too much here?

Hell, this is a short post! And that's only because I had to do it from my phones tiny keyboard.

I don't need a video of someone else doing my talking for me. I've done my own study of history, politics and economics. I've come by my positions from those studies and from real-life experiences working in the field of politics.

I speak for myself and my writings are my own.

Why do you need a video?
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheNextPrez2012 Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:30 pm

dblboggie wrote: at least we are defending our point of view with provable facts.

In this instance, provable facts are nothing more than things that are currently being done and folks take what they want out of it just to suit their beliefs. It isn't what SHOULD be done but rather what is being done.
So yeah, they're facts and they can be proven but it's the easiest way to handle it because it involves no change. It's just accepting the way things are (It's a "let's just take what we like out of what is here..." argument)

dblboggie wrote:Republicans, when they are following the founding principles of that party, represent the true ideals this nation was founded; indivualism, self-sufficiency, personal responsibility, personal liberty, limited government acting within its constitutionally enumerated powers, free markets and free people employing capitalism in a manner that creates wealth and plenty for all!

Actually what made this country prosperous and powerful has nothing to do with politics. The geography of the country is the reason we have what we have here...
An ally to the north, a basically developing country to the south, water to the east and water to the west.
It's much harder to expand politically and financially when you have several countries around you that constrict your growth. That's why Rick Santorum's "I'll attack Iran" mantra is absurd. There's no way he would make such claims if he were in a nation over on the other side of the earth.

TheNextPrez2012
TheNextPrez2012

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:18 pm

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:
dblboggie wrote: at least we are defending our point of view with provable facts.

In this instance, provable facts are nothing more than things that are currently being done and folks take what they want out of it just to suit their beliefs. It isn't what SHOULD be done but rather what is being done.
So yeah, they're facts and they can be proven but it's the easiest way to handle it because it involves no change. It's just accepting the way things are (It's a "let's just take what we like out of what is here..." argument)

Huh??? What the hell are you talking about???

Seriously man... what does this even mean and what does it have to do with anything I've posted.

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:
dblboggie wrote:Republicans, when they are following the founding principles of that party, represent the true ideals this nation was founded; indivualism, self-sufficiency, personal responsibility, personal liberty, limited government acting within its constitutionally enumerated powers, free markets and free people employing capitalism in a manner that creates wealth and plenty for all!

Actually what made this country prosperous and powerful has nothing to do with politics. The geography of the country is the reason we have what we have here...
An ally to the north, a basically developing country to the south, water to the east and water to the west.
It's much harder to expand politically and financially when you have several countries around you that constrict your growth.

I see. Then how do explain Mexico? Here is a country with an enormous abundance of natural resources, beautiful shorelines, no enemies north or south of her, and the place is a shambles, a virtual 3rd world country.

Do you think their political and economic choices might have something to do with that?

Honestly, your response here just illustrates how little you apparently know about American and world history.

We could have easily become just another Europe, and some were seriously contemplating it - having each of the states go their own way after the Revolutionary War. Our original Articles of Confederation were as weak as they were on purpose. There were many rivalries and jealousies between the several states. It was only by the Constitutional Convention and the long hard work of the visionary framers of our constitution that our union was preserved - saving us becoming just another Europe, with the states squabbling and warring with one another. And when even that came to pass (sort of) some 72 years after the ratification of our constitution, it was another visionary President who acted to preserve our union - political decisions one and all.

You might want to brush up on our history there sport.

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:That's why Rick Santorum's "I'll attack Iran" mantra is absurd. There's no way he would make such claims if he were in a nation over on the other side of the earth.

Yeah, we should just let Iran develop nuclear weapons and sit back and watch them nuke Israel and then watch the plume of radioactive fallout drift over all of Europe.

I wonder what those nations "over on the other side of earth" would do then, once a soverign nation has been wiped from the earth and the rest of Europe is dealing with the fallout - radioactive and political.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Main :: Politics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum