Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back

4 posters

Go down

Back Empty Back

Post by BubbleBliss Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:55 pm

The girlfriend and I spent a week in the Florida Keys and I just got back about an hour ago. Just figured I'd let you guys know that I'm back! I'll look through the posts I've missed over the next couple of days!
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Back Empty Re: Back

Post by TexasBlue Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:36 pm

Basketball
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:24 am

Welcome back bubblebliss. Hope you had a good holiday!

If I'm ever in Florida again, I'd like to visit the Keys.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Back Senmem10

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:43 am

It's definitely worth a trip! Where in Florida did you go on your last vacation?
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:52 am

I only went once, 19 years ago and we stayed in Orlando. Visited Universal Studios, Kennedy Space Centre, MGM Studios, Disney World, Epcot Centre... all the major attractions really.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Back Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:28 pm

That's an expensive trip when it comes to admission alone! Nowadays, you pay a LOT more for admission than you did even 7-8 years ago.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by BecMacFeegle Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:06 pm

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:If I'm ever in Florida again, I'd like to visit the Keys.

Translation: I'd like to visit Florida again, but the wife won't let me Wink
BecMacFeegle
BecMacFeegle

Back Junmem10

Birthday : 1983-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:28 pm

Haha why not?

Quite honestly, from what I've heard and seen a Florida vacation isn't what it used to be. Now that Central and S. America is more developed and caters to tourism more, I'd rather spend my money going there than to Florida. Obviously Florida has many sights to see and beaches to go to, etc. but if you want a real, relaxing beach vacation I'd suggest the rest of the Americas as well as the Caribbean. If you do it right and don't go into all-inclusive hotels, you'll have a much cheaper vacation there as well.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:30 pm

BubbleBliss wrote:If you do it right and don't go into all-inclusive hotels, you'll have a much cheaper vacation there as well.
Could have done with that advice before our honeymoon to Mexico. Food was awful (with a few exceptions) and the resort was far from everywhere. Going to Greece in September. Rhodes specifically, a place we know and love.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Back Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by BecMacFeegle Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:01 pm

Yes, I'm afraid to say I am now very resistant to being prised away from Europe. I love Greece and Italy too much to be tempted any further. And whilst Florida looks beautiful, if there isn't something at least 1000 years old to look at, I get twitchy. This is what being married to an archaeologist does to you I suppose.
BecMacFeegle
BecMacFeegle

Back Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:04 pm

BecMacFeegle wrote:
The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:If I'm ever in Florida again, I'd like to visit the Keys.

Translation: I'd like to visit Florida again, but the wife won't let me Wink

That's because she's afraid you might turn into a redneck by the end of the visit. ROFL
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:07 pm

BecMacFeegle wrote:Yes, I'm afraid to say I am now very resistant to being prised away from Europe. I love Greece and Italy too much to be tempted any further. And whilst Florida looks beautiful, if there isn't something at least 1000 years old to look at, I get twitchy. This is what being married to an archaeologist does to you I suppose.

You guys could always come visit me in Minnesota!
Back Minnes10
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by BecMacFeegle Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:09 pm

Matt wants to go to Arizona to see the Grand Canyon. I don't see the point of flying 3,000 miles to look at a big hole in the ground. He thinks I'm a philistine.
BecMacFeegle
BecMacFeegle

Back Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:23 pm

I love the snow, but she really feels the cold.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Back Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:30 pm

BecMacFeegle wrote:Matt wants to go to Arizona to see the Grand Canyon. I don't see the point of flying 3,000 miles to look at a big hole in the ground. He thinks I'm a philistine.

I think you'd be awed by it if you saw it.

Philistine? There's room in Gaza i hear. ROFL
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:38 pm

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:
BubbleBliss wrote:If you do it right and don't go into all-inclusive hotels, you'll have a much cheaper vacation there as well.
Could have done with that advice before our honeymoon to Mexico. Food was awful (with a few exceptions) and the resort was far from everywhere. Going to Greece in September. Rhodes specifically, a place we know and love.

BecMacFeegle wrote:Yes, I'm afraid to say I am now very resistant to being prised away from Europe. I love Greece and Italy too much to be tempted any further. And whilst Florida looks beautiful, if there isn't something at least 1000 years old to look at, I get twitchy. This is what being married to an archaeologist does to you I suppose.

From what I've heard, Nicaragua is a VERY nice place to visit. Lake Nicaragua is supposed to be beautiful. Also, Lake Titicaca is supposed to be a beautiful place. And once in South America, Matt will get his dose of Archeology visiting Machu Picchu.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down