Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anti-virus

Go down

Anti-virus Empty Anti-virus

Post by TexasBlue Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:40 pm

Avast! Free Antivirus

Full real-time capabilities, low rate of false positives, fairly light on resources, boot-time scanning. Detection rates slightly lower than AntiVir. I use this myself after using AVG for a couple years. Avast has a new interface now.

http://www.avast.com/en-au/free-antivirus-download

Download link; http://download.cnet.com/Avast-Free-Antivirus/3000-2239_4-10019223.html?tag=mncol

Last edited by TexasBlue on Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Anti-virus Admin210

Back to top Go down

Anti-virus Empty Re: Anti-virus

Post by TexasBlue Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:42 pm

Avira AntiVir Personal Edition

Top pick by many for best free antivirus program, outstanding detection of malware and it's light on resources. Many false positives, advertisements with each update

http://www.free-av.com/en/products/1/avira_antivir_personal__free_antivirus.html

Download link; http://www.download.com/Avira-AntiVir-Personal-Free-Antivirus/3000-2239_4-10322935.html?cdlPid=10901492
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Anti-virus Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:26 am

Microsoft Security Essentials is all I need. ClamAV for my other OS.

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:08 am

I don't trust Micro$oft.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Anti-virus Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:42 pm

TexasBlue wrote:I don't trust Micro$oft.

So... in which case when are you going to uninstall and replace your Microsoft Windows XP install? Snicker

Serious note however, Security Essentials I found to be the least intrusive, fastest, really light on resources and managed to find and notify about potential security breaches in real time. Not to mention free and the virus/trojan/root registry gets updated really often. Hey, who do I trust more to know about windows vulnerability then Microsoft themselves!

The only reason MS can't ship this program as part of every copy of Windows is that those SOBs McAffe have a patent on this whole preinstalled "anti-virus" program idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:10 pm

merkwurdigliebe wrote:
TexasBlue wrote:I don't trust Micro$oft.

So... in which case when are you going to uninstall and replace your Microsoft Windows XP install? Snicker

Serious note however, Security Essentials I found to be the least intrusive, fastest, really light on resources and managed to find and notify about potential security breaches in real time. Not to mention free and the virus/trojan/root registry gets updated really often. Hey, who do I trust more to know about windows vulnerability then Microsoft themselves!

The only reason MS can't ship this program as part of every copy of Windows is that those SOBs McAffe have a patent on this whole preinstalled "anti-virus" program idea.

I don't trust M$ to maintain my computer. They issue updates to OS's once a month. Other entities issue them as they arise. For instance, when Mozilla finds a hole in Firefox, it's updated as fast as possible. M$ waits to patch IE holes when they do their monthly updates. That was my point for the most part.

I use Comodo for a firewall and Avast for AV. I've used many different combination's and these two seem to work well for me. But then again, i don't click on every shiny link i see or open ever attachment in an e-mail. I don't use "Facebook Apps" like it's the newest rage either. I know so many people who surf the internet like it's the safest place to be. Then these same people call me to come fix their computers. I tell them what to stop doing. Then i get a call a few weeks later.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Anti-virus Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum