Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New York Gun Rights

2 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

New York Gun Rights Empty New York Gun Rights

Post by TexasBlue Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:43 am

Gun Rights

Neal Boortz
October 27, 2010

Have your say on this one. New York City is considering new gun laws ...

New York City residents who want to own a gun may soon be denied permits if they are litterbugs, if they are bad drivers, or if they have fallen behind on a few bills.

Under proposed revisions to the police department's handgun, rifle and shotgun permit procedures, the NYPD can reject gun license applicants for a number of reasons, including:

If they have been arrested or convicted of almost any "violation," in any state; having a "poor driving history"; having been fired for "circumstances that demonstrate lack of good judgment"; having "failed to pay legally required debts"; being deemed to lack "good moral character"; or if any other information demonstrates "other good cause for the denial of the permit."

Here's where the courts need to step in. The Second Amendment is clear, and doing 45 in a 35 is no excuse for violating a citizen's Second Amendment rights.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

New York Gun Rights Admin210

Back to top Go down

New York Gun Rights Empty Re: New York Gun Rights

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:05 am

lol, I disagree with your right to bear arms but this is a farce. You get a driving conviction or or a poor credit rating and you lose that right? I can understand violent offenders but speeding?!
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

New York Gun Rights Senmem10

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:01 pm

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:lol, I disagree with your right to bear arms but this is a farce. You get a driving conviction or or a poor credit rating and you lose that right? I can understand violent offenders but speeding?!

At least you're sensible with your opinion. It's insane, this garbage.

My problem with this is; where does it stop? You give these entities an inch and they take a mile later down the road. Here in Minnesota, a Democrat state legislator (which is not a federal congress person) tried to introduce a bill last year to make it illegal to smoke in your own car if you had a passenger younger than 17 in the state of Minnesota.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

New York Gun Rights Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down