Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Former Gov. Ventura Will No Longer Fly Due to Abuse He’s Endured at Hands of TSA

3 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Former Gov. Ventura Will No Longer Fly Due to Abuse He’s Endured at Hands of TSA Empty Former Gov. Ventura Will No Longer Fly Due to Abuse He’s Endured at Hands of TSA

Post by TexasBlue Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:29 pm

Former Minnesota Gov. Will No Longer Fly Due to Abuse He’s Endured at Hands of TSA

Current.com
Nov. 19, 2010

Appearing on the Alex Jones Show today, the former governor of Minnesota and host of the popular TruTV show, Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura, announced he will no longer use commercial airlines due to the egregious abuses of the TSA and the government.

Ventura said he made the decision to avoid public aircraft after he found himself becoming too comfortable with being routinely searched. He said he was subjected to pat down and search three or four times a week when he traveled for his television show. Ventura had hip surgery and the metal in his body invariably sets off airport metal detectors.

Jesse said he will no longer be forced by the TSA to prove he is not a criminal or terrorist. He refuses to be considered guilty until proven innocent by the government in violation of the Fourth Amendment. He also admitted the decision not to fly may put an end to his career.

After the Department of Homeland Security announced the TSA will conduct “enhanced” pat downs of people opting out of naked body scanners following the toner non-bombing fiasco earlier in the month, the Drudge Report teamed up with Infowars.com and Prison Planet.com to cover exploding public resistance to the new effort by the government to normalize the populace to ever-increasing police state tactics under the rubric of staged and false flag terrorism.

Resistance to airport Gestapo zones gained critical momentum after pilots and flight attendants opposed searches and threatened to sue the government. “Nationwide outrage against the TSA is not only bringing to light new cases of airport abuse, it’s throwing fresh attention on previous incidents that have been going on for years,” Paul Joseph Watson wrote on Thursday.

Several people have initiated lawsuits against the government, including a 21-year-old college student from Amarillo, Texas, who had her breasts exposed by a TSA goon and a businessman and frequent traveler who has is so infuriated by TSA workers sexually groping passengers, squeezing breasts and genitals, that he has filed a lawsuit in federal court in Miami requesting an injunction against the TSA to prevent them from touching private areas without reasonable suspicion.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Former Gov. Ventura Will No Longer Fly Due to Abuse He’s Endured at Hands of TSA Admin210

Back to top Go down

Former Gov. Ventura Will No Longer Fly Due to Abuse He’s Endured at Hands of TSA Empty Re: Former Gov. Ventura Will No Longer Fly Due to Abuse He’s Endured at Hands of TSA

Post by dblboggie Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:09 pm

You do know that Jesse Ventura is a bona fide, card-carrying nut case right? As is Alex Jones. These guys are full-fledged members of the black-helicopter, tin-foil-hat brigade. They make me sound like a bleeding heart liberal... Snicker

It's not that he's wrong about the TSA's latest bone-headed stunt, but I can think of no worse messenger than this buffoon.

dblboggie
dblboggie

Former Gov. Ventura Will No Longer Fly Due to Abuse He’s Endured at Hands of TSA Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Former Gov. Ventura Will No Longer Fly Due to Abuse He’s Endured at Hands of TSA Empty Re: Former Gov. Ventura Will No Longer Fly Due to Abuse He’s Endured at Hands of TSA

Post by TexasBlue Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:37 pm

Yeah, he's a real case. The funny thing is that he brings up some real good points in any discussion and then he floats off into the twilight zone within a sentence or two of that same discussion. Most Minnesotans don't like him very much anymore.... libs and cons alike.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Former Gov. Ventura Will No Longer Fly Due to Abuse He’s Endured at Hands of TSA Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:51 am

Why should we care whether this guy still flies or not?
The guy obviously wants TSA to make an exception for him because he doesn't look like a terrorist. If that was to be done by the TSA, we would have a big problem, since not every terrorist comes from the Middle East and looks Arab. One of the most famous terrorist groups in Germany was all Germans that converted to Islam.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Former Gov. Ventura Will No Longer Fly Due to Abuse He’s Endured at Hands of TSA Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:33 pm

If you would read the article,
He had hip surgery and the metal in his body invariably sets off airport metal detectors.

Now he has to prove he isn't a threat to flying because of that.

Excerpted quotes from his press statement:
“I feel that as a former governor, a former mayor, an honestly discharged [Vietnam] Navy veteran, that I can’t live with myself and subject myself that every time I go to an airport I have to prove that I am not a murderer, I have to prove I am not guilty of anything, I have to prove I won’t hijack a plane. I find it ridiculous and so for my own personal choice I will not fly a commercial airliner or subject myself to that again.”

“I wish no ill will on my country. I am a patriot to my country. And yet I am subjected and treated like I might hijack a plane or I might blow up and murder people.”

“In a free society, I was getting too comfortable being searched… I finally said I can’t do this anymore and keep my sanity. I believe in freedom and I believe nobody has the right to search you for any reason in our country unless they have probable cause that you’ve committed a crime and they’ve got a warrant.”
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:00 pm

And how does that relate anything at all to what I said? Everybody that sets off the metal detector has to explain why, that's always been like that and is not a recent thing.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Former Gov. Ventura Will No Longer Fly Due to Abuse He’s Endured at Hands of TSA Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:21 pm

It's the same thing with you. Maybe one day you can have metal in you and then have to go thru the same garbage. Of course, the man here has to fly twice a week if not more due to his show.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:12 pm

So what? Metal detectors can't tell the difference between metal plates in your body or metal that's part of a bomb you're carrying. What do you expect, the TSA agents to let you through when you tell them you have a metal plate in your body just because you're white?
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:42 pm

I think it has more to do with pat downs than having a metal detector going off all the time. That's a given. He's a celebrity on top of all that and is also a former governor of my state. And he's an ex-wrestler. ROFL
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:47 pm

No matter. If he sets the metal detector off, they HAVE to pat you down in order to see what you have that set the detector off. They're not just gonna take your word on what set the thing off, even as a celebrity.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down