Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US 'Christian militants' charged

2 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

US 'Christian militants' charged Empty US 'Christian militants' charged

Post by BubbleBliss Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:39 am

US 'Christian militants' charged
Nine alleged members of a radical US Christian militia group have been charged with conspiring to kill police officers and wage war against the US.

The suspects were detained in a series of FBI raids across the Mid-West, while one remains at large.

Prosecutors say the eight men and one woman belonged to the Hutaree group.

It is alleged they planned to kill a police officer in Michigan and then stage a second attack on the funeral, using landmines and roadside bombs.

Preparing for the Antichrist

The FBI raided properties in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana over the weekend in the belief that the group was planning a reconnaissance exercise.

"The indictment... outlines an insidious plan by anti-government extremists to murder a law enforcement officer in order to lure police from across the nation to the funeral where they would be attacked with explosive devices," said Attorney General Eric Holder.

"Thankfully, this alleged plot has been thwarted and a severe blow has been dealt to a dangerous organisation that today stands accused of conspiring to levy war against the United States."

A website in the name of the group shows video footage of military-style training exercises and describes Hutaree as "Christian warriors". It is edited to a backing track of rock music.

A statement on the website says the group are preparing to defend themselves upon the arrival of the Antichrist.

The website says Hutaree is "preparing for the end time battles to keep the testimony of Jesus Christ alive".

In the indictment, Hutaree is described as an "anti-government extremist organisation" advocating violence against the police.

--------------------------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hutaree

--------------------------------

Just exercising their Constitutional right to form a civil militia and combat the demons that are Liberals and Europeans.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

US 'Christian militants' charged Junmem10

Back to top Go down

US 'Christian militants' charged Empty Re: US 'Christian militants' charged

Post by TexasBlue Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:26 pm

They have a right to form a militia. They don't have a right to endanger others or put a "bounty" out for Libs and Europeans.

Of course, your last statement is suspect because you don't like our gun laws.

Nope, i don't side with these creeps at all. One, they were doing illegal things. Two, they were using religion as a cover. Yep, these people are no different than those whom Cable2 defends on a daily basis.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

US 'Christian militants' charged Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:33 am

And letting nutjobs like this won't endanger US citizens? I bet you if this was an Arab or Muslim militia, the right would be all over it!
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:33 pm

There's a ton of legit militias in this country. Of course, the gov't has an eye on them as they should. But these dorks were as extreme as the kooks in the Middle East.

Don't try and paint me as a sympathizer.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:53 am

Yet I doubt that these militias would care about election results. If Obama had a 70% approval rate from the US citizens and he increased taxes and entitlements, all with the full support of the majority of the US citizens, these militias would not just sit there and take it. You'd have more Oklahoma City bombings than you could fathom.
That's the danger of having civil militias. The only way to keep extremist militias in check is by having other militias and before you know it, you'll have a civil war like you have in the Middle East and Africa with 2 different ideological groups fighting against each other.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:49 am

The problem is that were not having any of that. It's more spouting from leftist blogs that say that sh!t and there's no evidence of it. Remember, i read national newspapers and watch network news. I see the whole spectrum.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:57 pm

So we'd rather wait for something to happen instead of trying to prevent it?
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:09 pm

Prevention? You sound like nothing is being done at all. Yeesh. If you remember, Napalitano (HLS boss) issued a memorandum for this kind of sh!t. Believe me, Uncle Sam is watching these types.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:46 pm

With 24 hour surveillance? If they're going to invade the closest IRS building, there's nothing the FBI or CIA can do until it's too late!
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:19 pm

Yeah, how the hell do you think these goons got busted? A phone tip? They were infiltrated by the FBI. They were doing their job and did it well. There's more going on undercover than you think.

As for kooks, like the dude in Texas, there's nothing they can do. But we're talking kook militias.

Last edited by TexasBlue on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:11 pm

Good point. Yet I doubt that every militia in the country is infiltrated. Maybe the organized ones, but the real trouble comes from the unorganized ones aka the masses that start to act up.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:13 am

Masses acting up? Oh.... you mean the Tea Party, right?
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:40 am

I mean the masses that are angry at something. Whether it's anti-war protesters, tea party members, racist groups, black power groups, environmental groups, etc. There certainly is a point when some of these groups will say that they've had enough, and all they'd have to do is grab their guns from home, meet up somewhere and do something with their guns. It doesn't take an organized militia to throw a city into chaos, as the Watts and Detroit riots have shown, only a group of people that get pushed over their ideological edge.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:18 pm

Only in the movies, bud. The ones you see who act it out are kooks to start with like these religious freaks. Then you have the ELF and the ALF... kooks right along with them religious kooks. Normal Americans will take care of what's pissing them off via the ballot box... this fall.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:41 pm

What if the ballot box doesn't please their ideological view? What if Obama and the Democrats keep winning? Not saying it's going to happen, but what if?
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:50 pm

You watching too much MSNBC, buddy. You're making something out of nothing. You're assuming something is going to happen with nothing to back it up. It's not going to happen, for one. Two, your Democrats are going to suffer the largest defeat they've ever had in their party's history.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:57 pm

Right. It's not going to happen, but we can learn a lot about liberal politics from terrorist groups like ELF.

Do you think the Tea Party would behave any different if Obama had a 60% approval rate?
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:15 pm

If Bama had a higher approval rating, people wouldn't be pissed to start with to get his ratings that way. As it is, 80% of independent voters are now turning on him. That's a hard fact. Poll after poll by different polling firms are showing that time and again. He keeps playing to his left wing base and pissing of the rest of the country. Not a good recipe for a decent presidency. He's the most ideological and partisan president we've ever had in my lifetime. Worse than Bush.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:03 pm

You didn't answer my question:

Do you think that the Tea Party would not exist if Obama had a majority approval rate?
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:47 pm

Approval rating really aren't the issue. The issue is the growth of gov't and the massive spending that has happened. It's the forcefulness of the Dems being in a majority, shoving sh!t down our throats, that got them going. You need to remember that these people want to rid the GOP of the sh!tty politicians too. Of course, these are the same politicians that Dem railed abou8t for years under Bush. Now they're on their side for some bias, stupid @ss reason.

Make fun of those people. That'll bite you and every Bama supporter in the @ss in 7 months.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:29 pm

Exactly my point. Even if Obama was supported by the majority, people like you would still go all out against his policies. If 80% of all Americans approved of Big Government and other Obama policies, you'd still scream bloody murder as would every other Republican that's on the losing side.

And you STILL haven't answered my question.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:49 pm

Want an answer???????? If your god wasn't such a god damned idiot and left wing piece of sh!t, there would be no Tea Party. The @sshole has governed from the left and NOT the center! If he would've done as Bill Clinton did and governed from the center, we wouldn't have what we have! You happy now? It doesn't change a god damned thing! Your sort-of-a-god is a leftist, plain and simple. He's no centrist. This is a center-right country whether you like it or not. Independents were sucked into his fuckin' bullshit and this is what they got. Now those very independents are pissed off. I'm not talking conservatives or Republicans. I'm talking independents!

Gawd. You're really on the other fringe. You just can't see what's happening here.

Oh! A new poll says that the Tea Party composition is 57 percent Republican, 28 percent Independent and 13 percent Democrat. Two-thirds of the group call themselves conservative, 26% are moderate and 8% say they are liberal.

The group is united around two issues – the economy/jobs and reducing the deficit. They believe that cutting spending is the key to job creation and favor tax cuts as the best way to stimulate the economy. That said 61 percent of Tea Party members believe infrastructure spending creates jobs. Moreover, given the choice Tea Party members favor 63-32 reducing unemployment to 5 percent over balancing the budget.

The group also vehemently dislikes President Barack Obama – even more so than those who called themselves Republicans in the survey. Over 80 percent of Tea Party members disapprove of the job he’s doing as president, whereas 77 percent of Republican respondents said they disapprove of Obama. The Tea Party members are also strongly opposed to the Democrats’ healthcare plan, with 82 percent saying they oppose it -- only 48 percent of respondents overall were opposed.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:36 pm

TexasBlue wrote:Want an answer???????? If your god wasn't such a god damned idiot and left wing piece of sh!t, there would be no Tea Party. The @sshole has governed from the left and NOT the center! If he would've done as Bill Clinton did and governed from the center, we wouldn't have what we have! You happy now? It doesn't change a god damned thing! Your sort-of-a-god is a leftist, plain and simple. He's no centrist. This is a center-right country whether you like it or not. Independents were sucked into his fuckin' bullshit and this is what they got. Now those very independents are pissed off. I'm not talking conservatives or Republicans. I'm talking independents!

Ha! The Tea Party pretty much came into existence as soon as Obama was inaugurated. As soon as he won the election Republicans and Conservatives were talking about having to take back the schools and Universities.

My whole point is that if 80% of the population WANTED Obama to govern from the left, the Tea Party would still exist. There's nothing in the Constitution that says that every President has to be a Centrist. If the masses want a leftist, then that's what will be in Office. If they want a Rightist, then that's what will be in office.

TexasBlue wrote:

Gawd. You're really on the other fringe. You just can't see what's happening here.

We're not talking about what's happening, I'm talking about what would be happening if circumstances changed. You're just overly obsessed with criticizing the left, you've turned EVERY thread here into it and you ALWAYS get back to it, even if we're not even on that subject.

TexasBlue wrote:

Oh! A new poll says that the Tea Party composition is 57 percent Republican, 28 percent Independent and 13 percent Democrat. Two-thirds of the group call themselves conservative, 26% are moderate and 8% say they are liberal.

What the fµck do I care?
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:34 pm

None of this matters. What is happening is a result of Obama and his policies. He'll have to govern from the middle when the GOP takes control of one of two houses. If he resists, he'll be a lame duck president like Bush was in his last two years.

I get it. You can't stand the TP but you support BamaMeister. That's ok. I don't hold any of this or other stuff against you.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down