Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As Mass. Governor, Romney Consulted Obama's Environmental Policy Advisor

2 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

As Mass. Governor, Romney Consulted Obama's Environmental Policy Advisor Empty As Mass. Governor, Romney Consulted Obama's Environmental Policy Advisor

Post by TexasBlue Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:54 pm

As Mass. Governor, Romney Consulted Obama's Environmental Policy Advisor

Helen Whalen Cohen
Townhall.com
Oct. 15, 2011

Back in 2005, while he was implementing "the toughest" emissions caps in the country (a Massachussetts sized version of cap and trade, which failed in the Senate), Mitt Romney took advice from Obama's "science czar" John Holdren. Holdren, you may remember wants to "de-develop" the United States and favored population control through forced sterilization.

It won't surprise anyone to learn that energy imports in Massachusetts skyrocketed at that time. Ed Morrisey breaks it down:

So what has happened to Massachusetts’ electrical production since signing these regulations into law? According to the EIA, whose latest data is for 2009, it dropped 18% in four years, from over 46 billion megawatt hours to 38 billion. International imports, however, went from 697 million megawatt hours in 2006 to 4.177 billion megawatt hours two years later, and to almost 5 billion megawatt hours in 2009, more than twice the amount imported in any of the previous twenty years.

A video of Romney praising Ted Kennedy also began to circulate this week. In it, he thanks the liberal senator for securing federal funding for the state's health care expansion. I can only think of one person with more bad news this week.

TexasBlue
TexasBlue

As Mass. Governor, Romney Consulted Obama's Environmental Policy Advisor Admin210

Back to top Go down

As Mass. Governor, Romney Consulted Obama's Environmental Policy Advisor Empty Re: As Mass. Governor, Romney Consulted Obama's Environmental Policy Advisor

Post by dblboggie Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:45 pm

Yeah, there's no question that Romney is a RINO. That's why the MSM are nicer to him than the other Republican candidates and why the old guard party leadership are pushing for him.

And yet despite the many, many negatives even Romney would be better than another 4 years of Obama.

I'd hate having to do it, just like I hated having to vote for Bush and McCain, but if my choice is Obama or Romney, it's hands down Romney.
dblboggie
dblboggie

As Mass. Governor, Romney Consulted Obama's Environmental Policy Advisor Senmem10

Back to top Go down

As Mass. Governor, Romney Consulted Obama's Environmental Policy Advisor Empty Re: As Mass. Governor, Romney Consulted Obama's Environmental Policy Advisor

Post by TexasBlue Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:22 pm

I'm with ya. I (now) think Perry would be a less than stellar president but he'd be light years ahead of Obama. Even Bachmann. She's a religious nut but I'd have to hold my nose for her, too. Plus... she's hot. Big Grin
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

As Mass. Governor, Romney Consulted Obama's Environmental Policy Advisor Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:46 pm

TexasBlue wrote:I'm with ya. I (now) think Perry would be a less than stellar president but he'd be light years ahead of Obama. Even Bachmann. She's a religious nut but I'd have to hold my nose for her, too. Plus... she's hot. Big Grin

Exactly! There's not a single Republican candidate, not even Romney, Bachmann or Huntsman would be worse than Obama.

The sad fact is we will almost definitely have to chose the lessor two evils - unless Herman Cain gets the nod... then the choice will be simple... Cain would be the superior choice by a light year!
dblboggie
dblboggie

As Mass. Governor, Romney Consulted Obama's Environmental Policy Advisor Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:50 am

I'm starting to think this way about Cain. I'm wary of Romney and always have been. Huntsman is a RINO. Bachmann is a real fiscal conservative but her nutty religious leanings really disturb me. Newt is Newt. Big Grin
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:45 pm

TexasBlue wrote:I'm starting to think this way about Cain. I'm wary of Romney and always have been. Huntsman is a RINO. Bachmann is a real fiscal conservative but her nutty religious leanings really disturb me. Newt is Newt. Big Grin

One would be quite justified to seriously doubt Romney's conservative bona fides, and Huntsman's as well. Perry has also taken some questionable stands, but his most obvious flaw is on the issue of illegal immigration. Well that and his dismally poor debate performances. Apart from her prevelant religiosity, Bachman also has a tendency to put her foot in her mouth that makes me question her effectiveness in a general election race against Obama, particularly when you consider that the entire MSM will be arrayed against her and for Obama.

As you say, Newt is Newt. He has some personal baggage, as well as some political baggage, but there is no question that a debate between him and Obama would be a bloodbath. Obama just doesn't possess the intelligence to take on Newt. But I suspect Newt is a little too fond of compromise on core issues. I could be wrong, and from what I've read of his new Contract with America, he is on the right track, but I'm withholding a final judgement for now.

For now my favorite remains Cain. His biggest asset is his successful business career in the private sector, his second biggest asset - he's not a politician.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:50 pm

Perry would get slaughtered by Obama in a debate. So would Bachmann. Romney would hold his own. Newt would also slaughter Obama in a debate. Cain would, too. I think Huntsman would hold his own but I'm not too cool on him either.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down