Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The problem with Santorum

3 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

The problem with Santorum Empty The problem with Santorum

Post by TexasBlue Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:57 pm

This is a "should read" by you guys. If you can get past the lousy editing by the webmaster, it's a good read. It tells you exactly how I feel about this guy.

The problem with Santorum

http://www.boortz.com/weblogs/nealz-nuze/2012/feb/20/problem-santorum/
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

The problem with Santorum Admin210

Back to top Go down

The problem with Santorum Empty Re: The problem with Santorum

Post by TexasBlue Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:58 pm

I’m not trying to be dramatic or cute. I’m just telling you the painful truth. Those of you who are so blinded by your obsession with social conservative policies … just try, for a moment, to put yourself in the position of a moderate, independent woman headed to the ballot box in November. There is no way in hell that any level-headed woman, or man for that matter, is going to vote for a guy who believes that contraception is harmful to women and bad for society. It ain’t gonna happen. Either those people trudge into the polling booth and reluctantly cast their ballot for our Marxist-in-Chief, or they sit on their hands and don’t show up to the polls at all. In a way, that is also a vote for Barack Obama, because the GOP needs independent voters in order to win in November. Period. End of story.

As a respected businessman told me … Santorum couldn’t beat obama if obama had a sex change operation.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark85la Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:56 pm

I don't get his rise in the polls, I hope he fizzles soon, he scares me if he becomes the nominee, I know for a fact that he'd lose, he doesn't appeal to the majority of voters. The media would destroy him like they did with Bachmann once the perception of someone is out there, it's there for good.
Mark85la
Mark85la

The problem with Santorum Senmem10

Birthday : 1985-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Arx Ferrum Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:33 pm

There is really a much bigger field here....

Santorum can be against contraception. Heck, the Catholics have/had been against it... quite solidly, for decades upon decades. But JFK, as a (supposedly) practicing Roman catholic, dodged the issue so many times once he was in the White House that the pope sent a personal letter to him.

Women... conservative and otherwise, know it will take more than the religious or social views of even a US president to reverse the availability of 'The Pill' and all its many variations and cousins.

But... I do admit - I don't get it. It's almost suicidal.
Arx Ferrum
Arx Ferrum

The problem with Santorum Newmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark85la Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:19 pm

I think Santorum is touching on issues that shouldn't be touched. Just keep that to yourself until you get in the White House. He's playing with fire when he delves into contraception and the pill.
Mark85la
Mark85la

The problem with Santorum Senmem10

Birthday : 1985-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:17 pm

Arx Ferrum wrote:But... I do admit - I don't get it. It's almost suicidal.

Mark85la wrote:I think Santorum is touching on issues that shouldn't be touched. Just keep that to yourself until you get in the White House. He's playing with fire when he delves into contraception and the pill.

That's it. He's trying to become president. It's one thing to yap about it after you win the big prize but not trying to win it. Most Americans don't give a shit about these issues at this time or at any time. There's people like me who are conservative but very Libertarian on many issues. Turn us off and you lose.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down