Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Christie and government handouts...

3 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Chris Christie and government handouts... Empty Chris Christie and government handouts...

Post by TheNextPrez2012 Fri May 04, 2012 10:20 am

Chris Christie once said that this nation is becoming a government state. To him people are not working because they WANT government money and will not work if given the chance.
This logic is of course totally garbage and shows how ignorant the governor is in this matter.

To me, there are 3 groups of people that get govt. assistance:
1: Those that need it
2: Those that need it because they are not given a chance to get work somewhere (this is the group I am in)
3: Those that get govt. handouts because they DO want to leech off the system.

I would wager that if you grabbed 1000 people that get these various handouts and offered them a job, most would take it without hesitation. I understand there is that 3rd group mentioned above. But I also understand that those people are way less than you would think.
For Christie to say that the 3rd group makes up the majority shows how wrong he is on this issue. That logic comes from sitting atop the political realm and not seeing things as they really are!
TheNextPrez2012
TheNextPrez2012

Chris Christie and government handouts... Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Chris Christie and government handouts... Empty Re: Chris Christie and government handouts...

Post by TexasBlue Fri May 04, 2012 2:38 pm

Since you're throwing Christie under the bus, please supply the exact quote that he made.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Chris Christie and government handouts... Admin210

Back to top Go down

Chris Christie and government handouts... Empty Re: Chris Christie and government handouts...

Post by TexasBlue Fri May 04, 2012 7:29 pm

Didn't think so.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat May 05, 2012 5:13 pm

So, Mr Prez, are you going to back up your assertions???

It's one thing to have an opinion about what somebody says and I'm not against that. But when others in here spout off, they usually have a link to go to so that one can see what the politician (or whomever) said.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Sun May 06, 2012 10:10 pm

I suspect you are wasting your breath Tex.

By the way, just the very fact that nearly 50% of Americans are payin nothing in federal income taxes speaks very clearly to this growing dependence on government as well as a sense of entitlement.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Chris Christie and government handouts... Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Mon May 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Took you long enough, Prez. I know his stance on this. I wanted you to back it up instead of just spouting off.

That said, he's right. We have more people on food stamps than ever before. We have over 47% of American NOT paying a dime in taxes. Some of that 47% don't make enough to pay any taxes. Many of those make enough to pay but due to increasing new rules by the IRS, those people get refunds and "credits." Those tax "credits" are nothing but taxpayer subsidized welfare. Look it up.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheNextPrez2012 Mon May 07, 2012 5:15 pm

You're missing the point
The numbers you guys are saying are totally irrelevant to the issue
Chris is saying that people who are not working don't want to work. That's a crock.
Forget the percentage and how many people. He's saying those that aren't working don't want to work.
If Christie walked up to me and offered me a job do you think I would reject it because I want govt. handouts? He does...and he's wrong.
TheNextPrez2012
TheNextPrez2012

Chris Christie and government handouts... Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Mon May 07, 2012 5:41 pm

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:You're missing the point
The numbers you guys are saying are totally irrelevant to the issue
Chris is saying that people who are not working don't want to work. That's a crock.
Forget the percentage and how many people. He's saying those that aren't working don't want to work.
If Christie walked up to me and offered me a job do you think I would reject it because I want govt. handouts? He does...and he's wrong.

If you could get paid to sit on your ass, you'd do it. Most people would. Now... you take those who have nothing to begin with and they'll take that (sit on their ass) any day.

Do you live in the big city? I lived in the DFW metro area for 26 years. I've seen all walks of life. People in the downtrodden areas are there for a reason.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down