Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm Voting Smartass In 2010

3 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

I'm Voting Smartass In 2010 Empty I'm Voting Smartass In 2010

Post by TexasBlue Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 am

I'm Voting Smartass In 2010

Neal Boortz
June 28, 2010

Joe Biden is touring the country this summer, trying to sell the stimulus package and convince Americans that it has worked. You know things are bad when you still have to get out there and sell a piece of legislation that was passed over a year ago. Sadly, Joe isn't that great as a salesman. He tells a crowd, "there's no possibility to restore 8 million jobs lost in the Great Recession." He then blamed "this godawful mess" on George Bush. Well of course.

But here's another little fact that Joe Biden failed to tell the crowd. Since the beginning of the recession, some 7.9 million jobs were lost in the private sector while 590,000 jobs were gained in the government sector. And since the passage of the stimulus bill (February 2009), over 2.6 million private jobs were lost, but the government workforce grew by 400,000. Obama's stimulus bill isn't working. Period. It was just a conglomeration of long-time Democrat pork projects stuffed into one horrendous piece of legislation.

But back to Biden's recovery tour: Biden shows up to a custard shop in Greenfield, Wisconsin. This is where he encounters the owner of Kopp's Custard and we get the following exchange:

Biden: What do we owe you?

Manager: Don't worry. It's on us. ... (inaudible) ... Lower our taxes and we'll call it even.

(A few minutes after the Kopp's manager's comment on "Lower our taxes," there's another exchange.)

Biden: Why don't you say something nice instead of being a smartass all the time? Say something nice.

Being a smartass? Just what is it that made this small businessman a smartass? He actually told the high and exalted Vice President to "lower our taxes." That's all it took, and suddenly not only is he a smartass, but he's a smartass "all the time."

This level of arrogance is not only unforgivable, but it's dangerous as well. We've lost jobs in the private sector since Obama was crowned. We've lost jobs in spite of his so-called stimulus bill. The people we will depend on in the private sector to create jobs are people like the owner of this custard shop in Wisconsin. He sends a message to Obama and the Democrats through Joe Biden... and he's called a smartass. Instead of entering a dialog with this man - perhaps asking him if his tax burden is standing in the way of a business expansion - Biden just pops off with his smartass line.

Well, my friends? I guess that's what Obama and the Democrats think of those of us who think that taxes are too high .. and that perhaps lowering those taxes (or at least not raising them any further) might spur some economic activity.

Maybe the tea party movement needs to consider a name change... Smartass Tea Party or something more clever... much more clever.

Oh .. and how long before the bumper stickers start showing up?
I'm Voting Smartass In 2010 Smarta10

YouTube Video of the exchange below.....
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

I'm Voting Smartass In 2010 Admin210

Back to top Go down

I'm Voting Smartass In 2010 Empty Re: I'm Voting Smartass In 2010

Post by TexasBlue Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 am

TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:32 pm

I'm Voting Smartass In 2010 129140330312984103
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

I'm Voting Smartass In 2010 Senmem10

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:42 pm

LMAO!

On a serious note, i know VP's can say dumb things, but in my opinion Biden was arrogant in his statement. When i first read the article, i didn't have much to think about it. Then i saw the attached video. Video seems to change everything.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by i_luv_miley Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:34 pm

The guy was being a smartass. I don't know where the "all the time" part came from but the rest of Joe's comment was warranted. The guy was ribbing Joe and he paid for it. I'm Voting Smartass In 2010 Icon_razz
i_luv_miley
i_luv_miley

I'm Voting Smartass In 2010 Eterna10

Birthday : 1969-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:32 pm

Why? For asking a VP for a tax cut? That's not being a smartass. It's a valid question. Unless i forgot, citizens have a right to ask their politicians questions.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by i_luv_miley Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:37 pm

Come on... The context wasn't appropriate. I'm Voting Smartass In 2010 Icon_razz Of course the question is valid. But as they say - there's a time and a place for everything. That wasn't the time. IMO, he was purposely being snooty and Joe's response was justified.
i_luv_miley
i_luv_miley

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:24 pm

Joe is the VP. He can have more couth than he did. He's not a senator anymore.

This is what bothers me about the current leadership in the WH and in congress..... the rudeness of their attitudes. They can show more by setting an example. Besides, they work for us, not the other way around.

Now, before you go off on me, i'll tell you that i thought the Bush admin was pretty arrogant. But this bunch has them beat by a mile easy.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by i_luv_miley Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:36 pm

Actually I wasn't going to comment about the Bush administration other than to say that they were never this blatantly disrespected... And that's what pees me off about not only this, but about a lot of the GOP mentality - and especially the teabaggers. They are going out of their way to disrespect Obama. It's un-called for. As I said, of course the guy had a legitimate issue. But that wasn't the appropriate venue in which to express it. The one thing I will say is, the guy's comment was pretty tame compared with most of what's been coming from right-wing radio as well as the righties in Congress. They've been totally out of line since Obama took office. They are not trying to make points. They're only interested in disrespecting the administration - and it is wrong. The guy's comment was just another example - and kudos to Joe for stomping on him.

Last edited by i_luv_miley on Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a few words)
i_luv_miley
i_luv_miley

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:29 am

I guess we can agree to disagree.

Btw, i read comments Sunday in my paper of Cheney when he was in the hospital. The amount of people wishing he was dead was unreal. Of course, Byrd got some yesterday but not near like Cheney did. This was in the Minneapolis paper's web site.... the readers can comment on the story.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by i_luv_miley Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:32 pm

Perhaps I'll say more soon but I wanted to make a quick comment anyway... But keep in mind, the weather has kind of gone to hell around here and I may not be around so much for a day or two. I'm Voting Smartass In 2010 Icon_razz

Yeah Tex, I actually agree with the comments about Cheney or anyone else who's going through an illness. The comments are pointless. But I have to make one (IMO important) distinction here - and that is, Cheney is no longer in office... Obama obviously is and yet he's not only taking a lot of crap from the general population (which is to be expected) but he's also taking a lot of crap from within political ranks (congress, governors etc) - and some of that is obviously quite heated. Hell, look at Joe Wilson (?) from South Carolina. While he may have been quite angry, saying "You lie" as the President was talking was completely out-of-line. That's the kind of behavior that I'm talking about. Again, there's a time and place for comments - but that was most certainly neither. It was inappropriate to the extreme. And yet he seems to have gotten away with it without much punishment... Again my point is, it's behavior like that (coming from "authority figures") that causes the "regular people" to act in similar fashion. And it's wrong.
i_luv_miley
i_luv_miley

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:07 pm

Perhaps I'll say more soon but I wanted to make a quick comment anyway... But keep in mind, the weather has kind of gone to hell around here and I may not be around so much for a day or two. I'm Voting Smartass In 2010 Icon_razz

Yeah, say hello to Alex for me when he gets there. Laughing

Yeah Tex, I actually agree with the comments about Cheney or anyone else who's going through an illness. The comments are pointless. But I have to make one (IMO important) distinction here - and that is, Cheney is no longer in office... Obama obviously is and yet he's not only taking a lot of crap from the general population (which is to be expected) but he's also taking a lot of crap from within political ranks (congress, governors etc) - and some of that is obviously quite heated. Hell, look at Joe Wilson (?) from South Carolina. While he may have been quite angry, saying "You lie" as the President was talking was completely out-of-line. That's the kind of behavior that I'm talking about. Again, there's a time and place for comments - but that was most certainly neither. It was inappropriate to the extreme. And yet he seems to have gotten away with it without much punishment... Again my point is, it's behavior like that (coming from "authority figures") that causes the "regular people" to act in similar fashion. And it's wrong.

The shit Bush took, the shit Clinton took, the shit Bush Sr. took... the list goes on. It has become more partisan in the last 10 years here, that's for sure. But the things being said about Obama isn't off from the things said about Bush.

I'm not taking Bush's side. I'm just saying. The vitriol that Bama is taking is about par for the course. He's done many things to anger conservatives and independent voters and he's not letting up. So, he's going to get criticized. It's all fair game. I watched as liberals hammered the piss out of Bush and now i'm seeing the same thing with Obama. Some of the criticism i agree with, others are pointless.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down