Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama Finds His Stride

2 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Obama Finds His Stride Empty Obama Finds His Stride

Post by BubbleBliss Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:47 am

Obama Finds His Stride

By Klaus Brinkbäumer

Barack Obama has stepped off his pedestal and started governing with a mixture of idealism and pragmatism. It has lost a preacher, but the bitterly divided country has plenty of those. Finally, 14 months into his term, America has the reform-minded president it needs.

Fourteen months after Barack Obama's inauguration, Americans finally have a president. They have lost St. Barack, their world preacher.

His ascent was dazzling and that was part of the problem. His rise was as unreal as the arrival of a savior, it was naïve but then Obama had waged a naïve election campaign: We can change, I will give you a government that heals.

That approach quickly failed, because the real world is never naïve.

Now the left in America says Obama has betrayed their and his own ideals, has been too compromising and too soft, a professor in the White House, a powerless man, a black Jimmy Carter. The right says he has betrayed American principles and regards him as a communist, a waster of taxpayers' money. That has weakened him. The Israeli government is getting ready to ignore the troublesome president until he has been voted out of office, Afghan President Hamid Karzai allows his guest of honor -- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad -- to rail against America while US soldiers protect Kabul. But that too is likely to pass: The real world isn't a caricature.

These are the weeks of Obama's comeback. Following his apparition and crucifixion, we're experiencing a process of secularization. The White House is re-adjusting and finding its balance. Health care reform, finally passed, looks set to provide 32 million citizens with health insurance and represents a victory for Obama over the Washington establishment that has been marred by congressional paralysis for years.

Obama continued his drive to fill important posts by presidential decree, and then came the breakthrough in disarmament talks with Russia, then he flew to Karzai. We're seeing a belated beginning for him.

An Aggressive, Divided Country

It's well known that there are two Americas. Franklin D. Roosevelt was hated by millions, Kennedy was hated by the right, Nixon by the left, Clinton by the right, Bush by the left. The US is an aggressive country. Sometimes that makes it dynamic, sometimes destructive.

The differences between Americans and Europeans are greater than many Europeans think. To conservative Americans, the European consensus that a strong government must help the weak is an encroachment on liberty. For the American right, "solidarity" and "social" are provocative words.

Obama tried to change this climate by preaching about duty and responsibility, and achieved the opposite: paranoia. Conspiracy theories and exaggeration swirled around the talk shows. Then there was the Tea Party movement, and all the warnings about immigrants, big city dwellers, intellectuals, climate researchers, anti-gun campaigners, politicians, women and African Americans -- everyone who threatens basic American values.

The US is a complicated country undergoing a wave of demographic change that will make it even more complicated. In elections to come, white America will find it virtually impossible to beat African Americans and Hispanic immigrants if those two blocks join forces. The white middle class fears this change and is jumpy. Senators are spat at, Sarah Palin advises citizens to "reload," militias are arming themselves. The New York Times spoke of a "small-scale mimicry of Kristallnacht."

The depth of the abyss is unprecedented, and it's also unprecedented that America's right no longer regards Obama as its president. "This black guy's your president" -- such sentences are new.

Of course it's possible to govern in such a climate, but it won't be smooth sailing. One of Obama's biggest mistakes has been to believe in his messianic vision of a presidency that transcends party lines. He's now governing with passion, strategically and with a cool head.

Democracy doesn't require harmony, it doesn't even require consensus, all it needs is a majority. Obama has stepped off his pedestal and it looks as though he plans to go on implementing reforms in the almost three years he has left. Left of the center, with a little idealism and a dose of pragmatism if necessary.

The country needs a reforming president, it already has enough preachers. A lot has been lost in the abyss between the two Americas.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Obama Finds His Stride Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Obama Finds His Stride Empty Re: Obama Finds His Stride

Post by TexasBlue Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:26 pm

A load of sh!t. When he said Senators were spat on and Palin told Americans to 'reload', he lost me with his opinion piece... because with those statements, it leads to the people who aren't following what's happening here to think that it's all truth. He took spatting as if it happened. It didn't! Palin saying to 'reload' as if she's telling everyone to to get their guns. Militias creeping out of the woodwork as we speak. It's all fuckin' bullshit and i'll call out anyone who tries to say otherwise.

And he hasn't hit no stride. He's a failure of monumental proportions. If he has a GOP majority in one of the two houses next year, he might become a relevant president. He'll have to compromise. He doesn't have to right now and he hasn't compromised one single bit in the last 8 months.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Obama Finds His Stride Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:30 pm

Yet Senators were spat on, and Palin's choice of words can only be questioned.
http://themoderatevoice.com/67243/reload-pistol-packing-palins-perverted-pretext/

The christian militia that was just taken into custody is a good example. And death threats after the passing of the HC bill only confirms that extremists are ready for violence.

So you're saying Obama hasn't achieved anything? What about Equal Women's Pay Act, The HC bill, rescuing the economy from completely falling apart by bailing out banks, ending the Iraq war, stepping up the fight of terrorism, tax breaks for college students, highway construction funding, renewable energy/conservation tax cuts?

What big things were there to compromise on besides health care?
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:03 pm

BubbleBliss wrote:Yet Senators were spat on, and Palin's choice of words can only be questioned.
http://themoderatevoice.com/67243/reload-pistol-packing-palins-perverted-pretext/

Bwah. If you seriously buy into her saying to 'reload' as a gun threat, you're beyond reasoning with. Two, there's an old phrase about being "in my crosshairs." There's no threat and there won't be. It's the leftist media making sh!t out of nothing. If you want me to back it up, i'll post a slew of sh!t upon request.

There was no spitting onto any politician. There's no documentation. Oh yeah, there's that video of the congressman allegedly being spit on. It's funny how there's a capitol police officer right behind him and they did nothing. Nothing! There's a payment of $100,000 from Andrew Breitbart to anyone who can show audio or video proof of them being called homophobic things or the N word. No takers because there are none. Also, there'were thousands of people there with their video phones recording this event and nobody can offer proof.

BubbleBliss wrote:The christian militia that was just taken into custody is a good example. And death threats after the passing of the HC bill only confirms that extremists are ready for violence.

HooooKay. Time for your meds.

BubbleBliss wrote:So you're saying Obama hasn't achieved anything? What about Equal Women's Pay Act, The HC bill, rescuing the economy from completely falling apart by bailing out banks, ending the Iraq war, stepping up the fight of terrorism, tax breaks for college students, highway construction funding, renewable energy/conservation tax cuts?

HAHAHA!!!! Rescuing the economy? C'mon... don't get me started. I've been compiling a huge list for arguments such as this. You want me to lay out everything that this creep has done to further damage this economy than Bush got started with? Bring it on. I'm ready!

Equal Pay thing is a good thing but not major legislation. Me wonders why Clinton didn't do it?

End the Iraq war?. Bwah. We're still there.

BubbleBliss wrote:What big things were there to compromise on besides health care?

Health Care was the major issue. He made it a major issue. The Cap and Tax bill. Now we're going to have a huge "immigration reform" bill (amnesty). Watch that be bipartisan.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:14 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
BubbleBliss wrote:Yet Senators were spat on, and Palin's choice of words can only be questioned.

Bwah. If you seriously buy into her saying to 'reload' as a gun threat, you're beyond reasoning with.Two, there's an old phrase about being "in my crosshairs." There's no threat and there won't be. It's the leftist media making sh!t out of nothing. If you want me to back it up, i'll post a slew of sh!t upon request.

I'm not, I'm just questioning why she would ever put it that way and then put cross hairs on the 'targets' as well. As a politician, you should know better than that. Unless, of course, you welcome the attention, even if it's negative.

TexasBlue wrote:

There was no spitting onto any politician. There's no documentation. Oh yeah, there's that video of the congressman allegedly being spit on. It's funny how there's a capitol police officer right behind him and they did nothing. Nothing! There's a payment of $100,000 from Andrew Breitbart to anyone who can show audio or video proof of them being called homophobic things or the N word. No takers because there are none. Also, there'were thousands of people there with their video phones recording this event and nobody can offer proof.

You really think Breitbart would actually admit that there is proof even if somebody sent in a video of him?

http://www.thepoliticalcarnival.net/2010/03/elusive-video-congressman-emmanuel.html

And as if you could hear somebody shouting racist slurs on a video over all those people booing and yelling.

TexasBlue wrote:

BubbleBliss wrote:The christian militia that was just taken into custody is a good example. And death threats after the passing of the HC bill only confirms that extremists are ready for violence.

HooooKay. Time for your meds.

Oh, yeah, I forgot. It's only the leftist extremists that use violence, not the extreme right.

TexasBlue wrote:

BubbleBliss wrote:So you're saying Obama hasn't achieved anything? What about Equal Women's Pay Act, The HC bill, rescuing the economy from completely falling apart by bailing out banks, ending the Iraq war, stepping up the fight of terrorism, tax breaks for college students, highway construction funding, renewable energy/conservation tax cuts?

HAHAHA!!!! Rescuing the economy? C'mon... don't get me started. I've been compiling a huge list for arguments such as this. You want me to lay out everything that this creep has done to further damage this economy than Bush got started with? Bring it on. I'm ready!

You're trying to tell me that the bailing out of the banks did not stabilize the economy?

TexasBlue wrote:

Equal Pay thing is a good thing but not major legislation. Me wonders why Clinton didn't do it?

How is that not major legislation??

TexasBlue wrote:

End the Iraq war?. Bwah. We're still there.

So WWII is still going on since the US is still in Europe too?

TexasBlue wrote:

BubbleBliss wrote:What big things were there to compromise on besides health care?

Health Care was the major issue. He made it a major issue. The Cap and Tax bill. Now we're going to have a huge "immigration reform" bill (amnesty). Watch that be bipartisan.

You're making assumptions. Those bills are barely up for discussion.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:00 pm

BubbleBliss wrote:I'm not, I'm just questioning why she would ever put it that way and then put cross hairs on the 'targets' as well. As a politician, you should know better than that. Unless, of course, you welcome the attention, even if it's negative.

Probably to irritate people to the point that they'll make an issue out of it.

BubbleBliss wrote:You really think Breitbart would actually admit that there is proof even if somebody sent in a video of him?

You casn't be serious! Gawd. The man offered a hundred grand for proof and that's what you come up with? Excuse me while smack my head on the wall.

Ok, i'm back.

BubbleBliss wrote:http://www.thepoliticalcarnival.net/2010/03/elusive-video-congressman-emmanuel.html

And as if you could hear somebody shouting racist slurs on a video over all those people booing and yelling.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Yeah, that happened with a Capitol Police officer standing right there! If the Congressman had been intentionally spit on, the man would have been arrested on the spot and you fuckin' know it! Quit it already!

BubbleBliss wrote:You're trying to tell me that the bailing out of the banks did not stabilize the economy?

Yep. It stabilized them but we're at 9.7% unemployment with new taxes on thew way. You really think that with new taxes (thanks to the HC bill) that business is going toi hire? You're delusional. It's this kind of thinking that's getting you and the Dems in deep trouble. But hey... don't pay me no mind. Just wait 7 months.

BubbleBliss wrote:So WWII is still going on since the US is still in Europe too?

ROFL ROFL ROFL Is there shots being fired and raids in the middle of the night? HAHAHAHAHA!!!! You're funny.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:26 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
BubbleBliss wrote:I'm not, I'm just questioning why she would ever put it that way and then put cross hairs on the 'targets' as well. As a politician, you should know better than that. Unless, of course, you welcome the attention, even if it's negative.

Probably to irritate people to the point that they'll make an issue out of it.

Well that's the point of being a political leader, isn't it?

TexasBlue wrote:

BubbleBliss wrote:You really think Breitbart would actually admit that there is proof even if somebody sent in a video of him?

You casn't be serious! Gawd. The man offered a hundred grand for proof and that's what you come up with? Excuse me while smack my head on the wall.

Ok, i'm back.

So let me get this straight. A conservative claims that there is no video/proof of Senators getting spat on and offers a hundred grand to anybody who sends in a video of it happening. So if somebody sent in proof, you actually expect him to come out and say that he was wrong AND to pay a hundred grand to the guy? I think the chances of that happening are very small, whereas pretending like no video every arrived looks like that more probable thing to do.

TexasBlue wrote:

BubbleBliss wrote:http://www.thepoliticalcarnival.net/2010/03/elusive-video-congressman-emmanuel.html

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Yeah, that happened with a Capitol Police officer standing right there! If the Congressman had been intentionally spit on, the man would have been arrested on the spot and you fuckin' know it! Quit it already!

Riiiiiiiight! So at first you're asking for proof, then I give it to you and you say it's fake and somehow staged. Why the hell would any Senator volunteer to be spat on?

TexasBlue wrote:

BubbleBliss wrote:You're trying to tell me that the bailing out of the banks did not stabilize the economy?

Yep. It stabilized them but we're at 9.7% unemployment with new taxes on thew way. You really think that with new taxes (thanks to the HC bill) that business is going toi hire? You're delusional. It's this kind of thinking that's getting you and the Dems in deep trouble. But hey... don't pay me no mind. Just wait 7 months.

We'll see what happens. You said you had a load of facts how the Dems ruined the economy, I'm still waiting.

TexasBlue wrote:

BubbleBliss wrote:So WWII is still going on since the US is still in Europe too?

ROFL ROFL ROFL Is there shots being fired and raids in the middle of the night? HAHAHAHAHA!!!! You're funny.

US troops only leave their base when providing assistance and training, they don't do raids or anything of that nature anymore.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:36 pm

Yeah, i'm saying that! If someone had the tape, ythey'd puill it out and make a 100 grand and then make alot of noise of Andrew reneged on it. That'd be a double-whammy on Brietbart. What it is, is that it's sour grapes because there's no proof. No audio. No video. That congressman never pressed charges... which he would be within his right to do so if he was spat upon. Your attempt to marginalize this is failing. Plus, there was no reason for these congressmen to walk above ground through the media circus through their ideological enemies. The route they take is the tunnels between the House office buildings and the Capitol. By crafting a highly symbolic walk of the Congressional Black Caucus through the majority white crowd, the Democrats were looking to provoke a negative reaction. They didn’t get it. So they made it up. There hasn't been one single story since then on ABC, NBC or CBS. They there, covering every inch of the event. Why didn't one mainstream media outlet raise the issue that maybe a video would exist to prove the events occurred? Because it doesn't.

Bama’s tripled the national deficit in one year. He’s increased the national debt to $12 Trillion. And he’s nearly doubled the unemployment rate since the Bush left office. He's adding new taxes on business as we speak. The HC bill will stifle this economy. If you haven't read the story on what the big corporations have issued in their forecasts (required by the gov't), you're blind as a bat. They're looking at losses already based on increased costs due to the HC bill. Not to mention, the creep in the WH hasn't concentrated on jobs since he took oath. If he would've spent half the time he spent on HC, the economy would be recovering. As it is now, it's stagnant. But hey... keep defending. You want more? I'll give you more. Not tonight though. Tomorrow.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:31 pm

TexasBlue wrote:Yeah, i'm saying that! If someone had the tape, ythey'd puill it out and make a 100 grand and then make alot of noise of Andrew reneged on it.

As if it is so hard for him to claim that no tape arrived. That guy has more potential witnesses to back that up than the guy who sent it. People like Breitbart talk, they don't act.

TexasBlue wrote:

That'd be a double-whammy on Brietbart. What it is, is that it's sour grapes because there's no proof. No audio. No video. That congressman never pressed charges... which he would be within his right to do so if he was spat upon.

On who? The guy that shouted his name and full address at him after he spat on him? What kind of charges can you press for being spat upon anyways?

TexasBlue wrote:

Your attempt to marginalize this is failing. Plus, there was no reason for these congressmen to walk above ground through the media circus through their ideological enemies. The route they take is the tunnels between the House office buildings and the Capitol. By crafting a highly symbolic walk of the Congressional Black Caucus through the majority white crowd, the Democrats were looking to provoke a negative reaction. They didn’t get it. So they made it up.

It's not provoking, it's showing that you're not hiding and proud of what you've done. I would do the same thing. It has to do with pride and showing those people you're not scared.

TexasBlue wrote:

There hasn't been one single story since then on ABC, NBC or CBS. They there, covering every inch of the event. Why didn't one mainstream media outlet raise the issue that maybe a video would exist to prove the events occurred? Because it doesn't.

Because it's over with, that's why. Why would they bring it up now, there's nothing new to report on. And there is definite proof that the guy did in fact get spat on, you've seen it with your own eyes. Who are you trying to convince so hard that it doesn't exist, me or you?

TexasBlue wrote:
Bama’s tripled the national deficit in one year. He’s increased the national debt to $12 Trillion.

And I've said many times that I don't agree with his spending, but there was no way out of increasing the debt. In a recession, your debt will increase, that's just how it is.

TexasBlue wrote:

And he’s nearly doubled the unemployment rate since the Bush left office.

Sure, he could have focused more on helping the economy, but then the right would have screamed bloody murder again because he'd be spending more money. The fact that the unemployment rate was going to go up was not preventable. He shouldn't have promised that he was going to keep it under a certain percentage because ultimately, he has little control over the unemployment rate.

TexasBlue wrote:
He's adding new taxes on business as we speak. The HC bill will stifle this economy. If you haven't read the story on what the big corporations have issued in their forecasts (required by the gov't), you're blind as a bat. They're looking at losses already based on increased costs due to the HC bill.

They'll manage, they always do. Maybe cut some spending on the top and not let the workers suffer like they've done over the past decades?

TexasBlue wrote:

Not to mention, the creep in the WH hasn't concentrated on jobs since he took oath. If he would've spent half the time he spent on HC, the economy would be recovering. As it is now, it's stagnant. But hey... keep defending. You want more? I'll give you more. Not tonight though. Tomorrow.

Like I said, he would just be spending more tax money, and you always tell me that that's not the solution. So what's he gonna do? Give tax breaks to big businesses? That won't make up for the cost of hiring more employees. Demand was low, so there just wasn't a need for as many workers. The Stimulus Plan tried to change that. Whether it worked or not is another story.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:31 pm

BubbleBliss wrote:As if it is so hard for him to claim that no tape arrived. That guy has more potential witnesses to back that up than the guy who sent it. People like Breitbart talk, they don't act.

Grasping for air. The fact is that nothing exists of what the media claimed happened.

BubbleBliss wrote:On who? The guy that shouted his name and full address at him after he spat on him? What kind of charges can you press for being spat upon anyways?

He was never spat on. The cop directly behind the congressman would've had the man arrested.

BubbleBliss wrote:It's not provoking, it's showing that you're not hiding and proud of what you've done. I would do the same thing. It has to do with pride and showing those people you're not scared.

It was provocation, plain and simple. They knew the opposition was there and they walked thru it. They intentionally did that and, while there's no proof, i'm betting they hoped something bad would happen.

BubbleBliss wrote:Because it's over with, that's why. Why would they bring it up now, there's nothing new to report on. And there is definite proof that the guy did in fact get spat on, you've seen it with your own eyes. Who are you trying to convince so hard that it doesn't exist, me or you?

Nothing new to report because there's nothing to report.

Again, the cop was standing there. I can tell you that the officer would've acted had it happened. Even the media dropped any coverage on it.... except you and others trying to prove something that never happened. Even the congressman never filed charges. If he had, i would defend him for doing so.

BubbleBliss wrote:And I've said many times that I don't agree with his spending, but there was no way out of increasing the debt. In a recession, your debt will increase, that's just how it is.

Some spending has to happen. That's a fact of governments. His mass spending is insane and far worse than Bush did (which i was highly critical of). Debt will increase due to lax tax receipts. Happens all the time. I'm not knocking the man for what would happen no matter who is in there. I knock him for his lack of urgency on the economy and out of control spending.

BubbleBliss wrote:Sure, he could have focused more on helping the economy, but then the right would have screamed bloody murder again because he'd be spending more money. The fact that the unemployment rate was going to go up was not preventable. He shouldn't have promised that he was going to keep it under a certain percentage because ultimately, he has little control over the unemployment rate.

If he was pending or just making time for the economy, many people would support that. I would. He hasn't and so i don't support his agenda.

Yeah, he has no control over the rates until a certain point he has to be responsible for it. The problem i have is no Dems or libs ever question a thing the man does. None of them criticize him. Ever. The few Dems that have get lambasted by the left.

BubbleBliss wrote:They'll manage, they always do. Maybe cut some spending on the top and not let the workers suffer like they've done over the past decades?

Of course they'll manage. That's a given. Cuts always start at the bottom. I'm proof of that.... and i was in a union job. The workers will suffer due to this legislation.

BubbleBliss wrote:Like I said, he would just be spending more tax money, and you always tell me that that's not the solution. So what's he gonna do? Give tax breaks to big businesses? That won't make up for the cost of hiring more employees. Demand was low, so there just wasn't a need for as many workers. The Stimulus Plan tried to change that. Whether it worked or not is another story.

He needs more tax breaks for small business. Small business in this country is places that employ 500 people or less. A corporation can employ 50 people, btw. Everyone thinks it's always a large entity. Not so.

The man is doing hardly anything to help small business. What he has done isn't enough and it's a little too late.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:18 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
BubbleBliss wrote:As if it is so hard for him to claim that no tape arrived. That guy has more potential witnesses to back that up than the guy who sent it. People like Breitbart talk, they don't act.

Grasping for air. The fact is that nothing exists of what the media claimed happened.

Then what is that video? Nothing??

TexasBlue wrote:

BubbleBliss wrote:On who? The guy that shouted his name and full address at him after he spat on him? What kind of charges can you press for being spat upon anyways?

He was never spat on. The cop directly behind the congressman would've had the man arrested.

You're truly delusional if you actually believe that.

The cop is not going to arrest the man for spitting on him. By doing that, she would leave the other senators open for attacks.

TexasBlue wrote:

BubbleBliss wrote:It's not provoking, it's showing that you're not hiding and proud of what you've done. I would do the same thing. It has to do with pride and showing those people you're not scared.

It was provocation, plain and simple. They knew the opposition was there and they walked thru it. They intentionally did that and, while there's no proof, i'm betting they hoped something bad would happen.

This is exactly the bullshit speculation you always call the left out for.

TexasBlue wrote:

BubbleBliss wrote:Because it's over with, that's why. Why would they bring it up now, there's nothing new to report on. And there is definite proof that the guy did in fact get spat on, you've seen it with your own eyes. Who are you trying to convince so hard that it doesn't exist, me or you?

Again, the cop was standing there. I can tell you that the officer would've acted had it happened. Even the media dropped any coverage on it.... except you and others trying to prove something that never happened. Even the congressman never filed charges. If he had, i would defend him for doing so.

There's already prove that it happened, you're just trying to disprove that it happened.

TexasBlue wrote:

BubbleBliss wrote:Sure, he could have focused more on helping the economy, but then the right would have screamed bloody murder again because he'd be spending more money. The fact that the unemployment rate was going to go up was not preventable. He shouldn't have promised that he was going to keep it under a certain percentage because ultimately, he has little control over the unemployment rate.

If he was pending or just making time for the economy, many people would support that. I would. He hasn't and so i don't support his agenda.

Yeah, he has no control over the rates until a certain point he has to be responsible for it. The problem i have is no Dems or libs ever question a thing the man does. None of them criticize him. Ever. The few Dems that have get lambasted by the left.

Yet the right doesn't support gov't spending money on the economy so how can he keep the unemployment rate from rising if he's not spending any money?

TexasBlue wrote:

BubbleBliss wrote:They'll manage, they always do. Maybe cut some spending on the top and not let the workers suffer like they've done over the past decades?

Of course they'll manage. That's a given. Cuts always start at the bottom. I'm proof of that.... and i was in a union job. The workers will suffer due to this legislation.

There's only so much companies can cut on the bottom.

TexasBlue wrote:

BubbleBliss wrote:Like I said, he would just be spending more tax money, and you always tell me that that's not the solution. So what's he gonna do? Give tax breaks to big businesses? That won't make up for the cost of hiring more employees. Demand was low, so there just wasn't a need for as many workers. The Stimulus Plan tried to change that. Whether it worked or not is another story.

He needs more tax breaks for small business. Small business in this country is places that employ 500 people or less. A corporation can employ 50 people, btw. Everyone thinks it's always a large entity. Not so.

The man is doing hardly anything to help small business. What he has done isn't enough and it's a little too late.

Why is it too late? Because the economy is on the road to recovery?
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:56 pm

BubbleBliss wrote:Then what is that video? Nothing??

There's a cop right behind him. The cop does nothing. The cop never came forward. Then the congressman, in an interview with a local DC t.v. station says "I haven’t talked about this incident on TV or anywhere, and I’ve been approached to talk about it on every national TV show. I never, I never reported anything, never a single thing in Washington, not one thing. People assume I went somewhere, never done press conference, never done an interview on it and I’m not going to do it."

You're grasping at air! You look at the video. The fuckin' cop was standing right behind him. If he had spit on him, that cop would've arrested that man on the spot. Gawd, you're really getting silly with this sh!t. It's getting highly annoying, too.

BubbleBliss wrote:You're truly delusional if you actually believe that.

The cop is not going to arrest the man for spitting on him. By doing that, she would leave the other senators open for attacks.

You're getting delusional. That is the dumbest thing i've read yet regarding this. An offense supposedly occurs and the cop isn't going to take action. It's as if that was the only police officer in the vicinity. It's the only officer that the video captures on tape.

BubbleBliss wrote:This is exactly the bullshit speculation you always call the left out for.

Because it's the truth. They use the tunnel to go into the congressional halls but on this day, with a huge crowd of people in opposition, they parade in front of them. It was intentional, not happenstance.

BubbleBliss wrote:There's already prove that it happened, you're just trying to disprove that it happened.

No proof. No litigation. No charges, Nothing. If that man had been spit on, he would've been 100% within his rights to press charges (and even drop them later). None of that happened. It is obvious from the video that the congressman was not spit on. The man was too busy yelling kill the bill repeatedly to spit on him. The congressman took the mileage he could get out of the "spitting claim" but he knew sooner or later video would emerge that would show otherwise, so he keeps his mouth shut. You can bet that if it actually happened, his jaw would be flapping enough to make Joe Biden look like mute. Nobody was arrested. The Capitol Police were unaware of any such incident. Plus, on top of all that, if you were to intentionally spit on someone, would you cup your hands around your mouth? I sure wouldn't. The result can be really nasty.

BubbleBliss wrote:Yet the right doesn't support gov't spending money on the economy so how can he keep the unemployment rate from rising if he's not spending any money?

Spending what we don't have. Spending a trillion or so dollars of money we do NOT have is the MASSIVE inflation it's likely to produce and the monstrous debt our later society will have to bear. Again, Bush started this sh!t and Bama is continuing it. It's going to have grave consequences for this country and the economy in the near future. We're so far in debt that it isn't even funny. The gov't can't just keep printing money like it's doing without triggering massive inflation in the near future.

BubbleBliss wrote:There's only so much companies can cut on the bottom.

Tell that to the 120 people here that lost their jobs at the printing plant. I spoke to a guy i haven't seen since the layoff and he has yet to find a job. They're going to cut and they'll cut to the bare minimum as my old employer did. It's a fact, whether you like it or not.

BubbleBliss wrote:Why is it too late? Because the economy is on the road to recovery?

Recovery? Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!! On NBC's "Today" show, Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner said the nation's 9.7 percent unemployment rate "is still terribly high and is going to stay unacceptably high for a very long time."
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down