Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Brief Lesson From THE Greatest Drummer Ever...

2 posters

:: General :: Music

Go down

A Brief Lesson From THE Greatest Drummer Ever... Empty A Brief Lesson From THE Greatest Drummer Ever...

Post by dblboggie Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:57 pm

Found this just now on YouTube...

dblboggie
dblboggie

A Brief Lesson From THE Greatest Drummer Ever... Senmem10

Back to top Go down

A Brief Lesson From THE Greatest Drummer Ever... Empty Re: A Brief Lesson From THE Greatest Drummer Ever...

Post by dblboggie Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:02 pm

And Buddy Rich on Sesame Street... ROFL

dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

A Brief Lesson From THE Greatest Drummer Ever... Empty Re: A Brief Lesson From THE Greatest Drummer Ever...

Post by TexasBlue Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:09 pm

He's legendary but I still vote Neal Peart as best drummer ever. You do know Neal?
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

A Brief Lesson From THE Greatest Drummer Ever... Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:27 pm

TexasBlue wrote:He's legendary but I still vote Neal Peart as best drummer ever. You do know Neal?

You mean this guy using a match grip? Snicker

Yeah, I know him. But nobody beats Buddy... No
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:40 pm

dblboggie wrote:
TexasBlue wrote:He's legendary but I still vote Neal Peart as best drummer ever. You do know Neal?

You mean this guy using a match grip? Snicker

Yeah, I know him. But nobody beats Buddy... No

Yeah, that guy.

This is a better look at his drumming (in 2008). It's pretty impressive. Give it a look. It's in HD, too.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

A Brief Lesson From THE Greatest Drummer Ever... Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:37 pm

Awesome vid! Thumbs Up

I noticed that at 4:25 in, he switches up his grip to the one that Buddy used. So like Buddy, this guy can rock both styles.

However, I still like Buddy over everyone else. Buddy used an unbelievably small kit, and really made that kit sing! These modern artists are using kits that dwarf Buddy's - and in the vid above, Neal even has some kind of keyboard thingy as a part of the kit.

I would have loved to see what Buddy could do with such a set up.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down