Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Russia's president meets with Deep Purple, his favorite band

2 posters

:: General :: Music

Go down

Russia's president meets with Deep Purple, his favorite band Empty Russia's president meets with Deep Purple, his favorite band

Post by TexasBlue Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:31 pm

Russia's president Medvedev meets with Deep Purple, his favorite band

Associated Press
March 23, 2011

MOSCOW - Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, a big heavy metal fan, has fulfilled a lifelong dream by getting to meet his favorite rock band, Deep Purple.

The British group met the leader for tea at his residence of Gorki outside Moscow on Wednesday, Russian news agencies said.

The 45-year-old president told Deep Purple the band has been a favorite of his since the age of 12. He also revealed that as a DJ at his school in Leningrad he would play rock music at discos, after first getting the approval of the Communist youth organization.

Medvedev is a well-known heavy metal fan, while Vladimir Putin, his predecessor and Russia's current prime minister, is reported to be an ABBA fan.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Russia's president meets with Deep Purple, his favorite band Admin210

Back to top Go down

Russia's president meets with Deep Purple, his favorite band Empty Re: Russia's president meets with Deep Purple, his favorite band

Post by dblboggie Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:03 pm

That band once stayed in a hotel I worked in as a kid.

As a note, I think they're greatest song was "Lazy." I had their album "Machine Head" and this was by far my favorite song from that album, if not one of my all time favorite songs. It's a long one, but well worth the listen.

dblboggie
dblboggie

Russia's president meets with Deep Purple, his favorite band Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Russia's president meets with Deep Purple, his favorite band Empty Re: Russia's president meets with Deep Purple, his favorite band

Post by TexasBlue Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:45 am

Great band. I own most of their stuff. I'm a big Ritchie Blackmore fan.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:10 pm

Lazy, live in 1993 in England. With the Mark II version of the band (Machine Head lineup). The song is a bit faster than the original but it's badass watching Blackmore pick away..........

TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:27 pm

Yeah... but I still prefer the original version by miles... Nod2
dblboggie
dblboggie

Russia's president meets with Deep Purple, his favorite band Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:33 pm

dblboggie wrote:Yeah... but I still prefer the original version by miles... Nod2

Yeah, the original is classic.

Btw, you really, really have to watch this here. See my description before the video. Get back to me on this........
https://superiorpolitics.forumotion.com/t26-deep-purple-perfect-strangers#133
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down