Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Students Who "Support" Free Speech Want to Ban Conservatives From Radio & TV

2 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Students Who "Support" Free Speech Want to Ban Conservatives From Radio & TV  Empty Students Who "Support" Free Speech Want to Ban Conservatives From Radio & TV

Post by TexasBlue Sat May 21, 2011 8:33 pm

This is actually unnerving to me to watch. If a conservative were trying to do the same to the left, I'd still say the same thing.

We have a serious problem with how today's generation thinks.

TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Students Who "Support" Free Speech Want to Ban Conservatives From Radio & TV  Admin210

Back to top Go down

Students Who "Support" Free Speech Want to Ban Conservatives From Radio & TV  Empty Re: Students Who "Support" Free Speech Want to Ban Conservatives From Radio & TV

Post by dblboggie Sat May 21, 2011 8:44 pm

I don't have sound, so I can't hear this. But then... I don't really have to hear it - I already know the story here. Remember, I'm old enough to remember what radio and TV was like back when the "Fairness Doctrine" was the law of the land, and true conservative voices were all but silenced on the airwaves.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Students Who "Support" Free Speech Want to Ban Conservatives From Radio & TV  Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Students Who "Support" Free Speech Want to Ban Conservatives From Radio & TV  Empty Re: Students Who "Support" Free Speech Want to Ban Conservatives From Radio & TV

Post by TexasBlue Sat May 21, 2011 8:44 pm

Why no sound?
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Students Who "Support" Free Speech Want to Ban Conservatives From Radio & TV  Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Sat May 21, 2011 8:56 pm

TexasBlue wrote:Why no sound?

I suspect it is motherboard related because I get a beep from the motherboard speaker when I try to change volume from Window's volume control panel. I switched from my soundcard to the onboard audio and got nothing - though I've not pulled my soundcard out yet to see if that's creating any impact.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Students Who "Support" Free Speech Want to Ban Conservatives From Radio & TV  Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat May 21, 2011 9:01 pm

dblboggie wrote:
TexasBlue wrote:Why no sound?

I suspect it is motherboard related because I get a beep from the motherboard speaker when I try to change volume from Window's volume control panel. I switched from my soundcard to the onboard audio and got nothing - though I've not pulled my soundcard out yet to see if that's creating any impact.

Maybe you should pull it. Before doing that, check this out from Micro$oft.........

Check your sound card

Check to make sure your computer has a sound card, or sound processor, and it's working properly.

Do one of the following:

If you're running Windows 7 or Windows Vista, click the Start button Picture of the Start button, click Control Panel, click System and Security, and then, under System, click Device Manager. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

If you're running Windows XP, click Start, click Control Panel, double-click System, click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Double-click Sound, video and game controllers to expand that category. If a sound card is listed, you have one installed. If no sound card is listed, check the information that came with your computer to see if there's supposed to be a sound card installed. If there should be a sound card installed, you'll need to install one. For more information, see Install or remove a sound card.

If there's a yellow question mark next to the name of the sound card in Device Manager, there might be a problem.

Right-click the name of the sound card, and then click Properties.

Click the General tab, and then look in the Device status box to identify problems with the sound card.

If there's a problem, you might need a new driver for your sound card. For more information, see "Step 3: Update drivers" in this tutorial.

Update drivers

In order for Windows to recognize your sound card or sound processor, you must find and install a compatible driver. Most sound cards and sound processors require driver software to work properly. Outdated, incompatible, or corrupted sound card drivers can disrupt communication between the computer and the sound card.

If you recently upgraded from one version of Windows to another, it's possible that the current sound card driver was designed for the previous version of Windows. If you've had recent power outages, viruses, or other computer problems, it's possible that the drivers have become corrupted. Downloading and installing the latest sound card driver for your sound card can resolve these types of problems.

Here are three ways to find and install a driver:

Use Windows Update. You might need to set Windows Update to automatically download and install recommended updates. Installing any important, recommended, and optional updates can update system features and other software that might help to fix your sound problems.

Install software from the device manufacturer. For example, if your device came with a disc, that disc might contain software that installs a driver for the device.

Download and install the driver yourself. You can search for a driver on the manufacturer's website. Try this if Windows Update can't find a driver for your device and the device didn't come with software that installs a driver.

To update the driver using Windows Update

Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.‌

In the left pane, click Check for updates.

If there are any available updates, click the links to see more information about each update. Windows Update tells you if an update is important, recommended, or optional. Each type of update might include drivers. For more information, see Understanding Windows automatic updating.

On the Select the updates you want to install page, look for updates for your sound card, select the check box for the driver that you want to install, and then click OK.

There might not be any available driver updates.

On the Windows Update page, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Windows Update will tell you if the updates were successfully installed.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Sat May 21, 2011 9:09 pm

I'm on Windows XP. I've already examined the sound card with Device Manager. It reports that the card is working just fine, along with all other sound functions. I've made no updates to my OS or my sound card, so it should not have just stopped working and started causing a motherboard error beep.

I built this system more than 7 years ago. It is an antique that has lived well beyond any reasonable expectations. I really just need to get a new computer.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat May 21, 2011 9:16 pm

dblboggie wrote:I'm on Windows XP. I've already examined the sound card with Device Manager. It reports that the card is working just fine, along with all other sound functions. I've made no updates to my OS or my sound card, so it should not have just stopped working and started causing a motherboard error beep.

I built this system more than 7 years ago. It is an antique that has lived well beyond any reasonable expectations. I really just need to get a new computer.

Okay. It might just be the motherboard getting ready to take a shit on you.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Sat May 21, 2011 9:31 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
dblboggie wrote:I'm on Windows XP. I've already examined the sound card with Device Manager. It reports that the card is working just fine, along with all other sound functions. I've made no updates to my OS or my sound card, so it should not have just stopped working and started causing a motherboard error beep.

Okay. It might just be the motherboard getting ready to take a shit on you.

Yeah... that's what I'm thinking. I'm gonna have to find some time to inspect it for swollen or blown capacitors (that's what got my last motherboard).
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat May 21, 2011 10:10 pm

dblboggie wrote:
TexasBlue wrote:Okay. It might just be the motherboard getting ready to take a shit on you.

Yeah... that's what I'm thinking. I'm gonna have to find some time to inspect it for swollen or blown capacitors (that's what got my last motherboard).

Just go get a new one. They're cheap these days.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down