Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

List Of Concerts I've Been To.........

+2
i_luv_miley
TexasBlue
6 posters

:: General :: Music

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

List Of Concerts I've Been To......... - Page 2 Empty Re: List Of Concerts I've Been To.........

Post by TexasBlue Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:34 pm

dblboggie wrote:
TexasBlue wrote:That's when you know you're in your golden years... when everyone you saw is dead. ROFL

Snicker yeah... i suppose that is a big clue...

That and your S.S. check.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

List Of Concerts I've Been To......... - Page 2 Admin210

Back to top Go down

List Of Concerts I've Been To......... - Page 2 Empty Re: List Of Concerts I've Been To.........

Post by i_luv_miley Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:55 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
i_luv_miley wrote:I have a rule about discovering new music : the artist has to be no more than 25 (and preferably cute). Snicker

But then you die and they carry on without you. That ain't fair. Laughing
It's better than the alternative. Crying or Very sad
i_luv_miley
i_luv_miley

List Of Concerts I've Been To......... - Page 2 Eterna10

Birthday : 1969-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:26 pm

i_luv_miley wrote:
TexasBlue wrote:
i_luv_miley wrote:I have a rule about discovering new music : the artist has to be no more than 25 (and preferably cute). Snicker

What's the alternative? Being mentally and physically incapacitated and then strapped into a chair while being made to listen to the Backstreet Boys for 10 years straight?

ROFL
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by i_luv_miley Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:06 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
i_luv_miley wrote:
TexasBlue wrote:

What's the alternative? Being mentally and physically incapacitated and then strapped into a chair while being made to listen to the Backstreet Boys for 10 years straight?

ROFL
Actually I was looking at it in terms of what us (the fans) do when the (usually older) popstars that we like (for lack of a better word) - die. That really sucks. Crying or Very sad Hence my rule about only liking popstars 25 and younger. That gives me time to enjoy them. Very Happy And yes, that was (somewhat) tongue-in-cheek, but you get my point.

And I only just realized this, but John Lennon's 70th birthday is coming up in a few days. I mean, bah I can remember when he was in his 30's (and still alive). Granted, I was never a fan of the Beatles (or his solo stuff) but thinking about that (as an example) it just blows me away. I mean, where does the time go? Hell, I remember when the guys from REO Speedwagon were in their 30's and the Go-Go's were all in their 20's.

Forgive me. Sometimes I like going all existential. pale
i_luv_miley
i_luv_miley

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:43 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
dblboggie wrote:
TexasBlue wrote:That's when you know you're in your golden years... when everyone you saw is dead. ROFL

not that old.... yet... Half Grin
dblboggie
dblboggie

List Of Concerts I've Been To......... - Page 2 Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:57 pm

i_luv_miley wrote:Actually I was looking at it in terms of what us (the fans) do when the (usually older) popstars that we like (for lack of a better word) - die. That really sucks. Crying or Very sad Hence my rule about only liking popstars 25 and younger. That gives me time to enjoy them. Very Happy And yes, that was (somewhat) tongue-in-cheek, but you get my point.

And I only just realized this, but John Lennon's 70th birthday is coming up in a few days. I mean, bah I can remember when he was in his 30's (and still alive). Granted, I was never a fan of the Beatles (or his solo stuff) but thinking about that (as an example) it just blows me away. I mean, where does the time go? Hell, I remember when the guys from REO Speedwagon were in their 30's and the Go-Go's were all in their 20's.

Forgive me. Sometimes I like going all existential. pale

Yeah, i knew what you meant. It does suck when one thinks back to the old days and where these stars are at now. I mean, i got into Rush when i was in 8th grade (1977).
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:58 pm

dblboggie wrote:
TexasBlue wrote:
dblboggie wrote:

Yet. But we'll remind you in 9 years. ROFL
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by i_luv_miley Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:40 pm

TexasBlue wrote:I mean, i got into Rush when i was in 8th grade (1977).
I got into Rush when I was...(wait for it)... 40! ROFL

But yeah, when I was 12 and beginning to get heavy into music as well as the popstars who made it, most of "my people" were in their 30's and 40's. Now most are in their 60's - and yeah, a few have died (SRV & the guy from Def Leppard to name two who I loved listening to). I don't really have a point, nor was I being serious about only liking popstars under 25 now. But having said that, there is also some truth to that - which is, over the past decade or so, I've found that a lot of the "type" of music I liked when I was a kid is actually still around - but only on Disney. The Britney's, the Miley's, etc. I've always liked "pop" music and during the 90's, I barely heard anything I actually liked (or considered pop). But Disney in the 00's seems to have taken care of that problem. I appreciate that. Laughing

BTW, you couldn't pay me to listen to the Backstreet Boys. Razz
i_luv_miley
i_luv_miley

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:50 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
dblboggie wrote:
TexasBlue wrote:
dblboggie wrote:

Yet. But we'll remind you in 9 years. ROFL

assuming i'm still alive then... Half Grin
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:20 am

We'll wake the dead. All we have to do is start an argument between me and Bubbles and you'll wake up. bounce
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by i_luv_miley Thu May 26, 2011 6:49 pm

May 10, 2011 - Kylie Minogue

What can I say? It took nearly 17 years. But I did it...

This one was the biggy for me. slapping head
i_luv_miley
i_luv_miley

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:26 am

Hadn't spotted you'd come back ilm.

She's not my sort of thing but what was your verdict on the concert?
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by i_luv_miley Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:07 pm

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:Hadn't spotted you'd come back ilm.

She's not my sort of thing but what was your verdict on the concert?
Hi again. Wink First off as I said, this was a biggy for me. I've had a "thing" for her for nearly 17 years - and I've actually known about her for her entire music career. As I may have mentioned before, I went to the UK in 1988 when her version of "The Locomotion" was a hit. I've always loved the song and when I heard her version (and when I saw the video), I just fell in love again - and with Kylie. But I ultimately forgot about her as America forgot about her... Anyway, in the mid-90's, I re-discovered her (on my own) and upon hearing more of her music, I still loved it and I tried following her more closely. Unfortunately this was before the Internet and it was quite difficult finding her stuff here, and it was a futile effort for years. But I remained a fan. Luckily her popularity here has stayed over the past decade, which has made getting her stuff a lot easier... The point is, I've followed her for quite a long time and just last month, Kylie did her first ever tour of North America, including a show here in Houston.

About the show itself, I wasn't sure what to think? It wasn't a "concert". It was a "show". And I guess that's one thing I never really "got" about her. What I knew about Kylie was, I liked her and I liked her songs. What I didn't know until I actually saw her was, she's about the all-around performance. She's a hell of a singer and she's a hell of a performer. When you see Kylie, you don't see a "concert". You see costumes, dancers, stage set-ups, costume changes, get-ups, break-downs, choreography, etc etc etc. It's very professional. Honestly though, I would have been happier with just her on stage with a band. But as I said, I guess that's not what Kylie's about. She has to give us everything (i.e. the performance) - and she did.

Now having said that, what I did get was my mind blown! I was literally in the front row (albeit on the corner of the stage) and there were numerous times where Kylie was literally only about 20 feet away. Given what I said above (about my 17 year-old "thing" for her), that really screwed with my head. Yes, the music was good. The songs were fun. I got to hear "The Locomotion" live. But nothing could top it when she just came out on stage and looked at all of us - and right at me. That was the best part. Crying or Very sad
i_luv_miley
i_luv_miley

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark85la Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:34 pm

Nice list of bands, Tex. Wish I saw Journey when Perry was the lead singer. The last concert I've been to was the Eagles a few years back, I haven't been to that many though.
Mark85la
Mark85la

Birthday : 1985-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:57 pm

I haven't been to a show since 2002 (Kansas). They're too expensive now days.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Arx Ferrum Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:37 pm

No way I can match the OP list but... here's a list of what i can still remember... off the top of my head...

Unless otherwise noted, concerts were in Savannah, ga.

Bloodrock/Quicksilver
Deep Purple
Yes - twice
Black Sabbath - twice *Savannah, Ga. - (First concert was stopped short because Ozzie had laryngitis)
Grand Funk Railroad - 5 times *Savannah and Jacksonville, FL
Alice Cooper - 5 times * Savannah and Jacksonville
Pink Floyd - (Atlanta)
Kansas - twice *Savannah, Columbus, Ga.
Boston - 3 times *twice in Savannah, once Atlanta
Jethro Tull -twice *Savannah and Birmingham
Heart
AC-DC -thrice *Savannah, Montgomery, New Orleans
CCR - Numerous - (all over)
John Kay/Steppenwolf - Atlanta
Led Zepplin - Atlanta
The eagles - Macon
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Numerous
Doobie Brothers
Lou Reed (*Atlanta)
Styx
Bad Company
Foghat

Other concerts in random locations: (Sometimes back up bands)
White Witch
Goose Creek Symphony
Greendoor
Slab
Bell Shot
Whore County

Arx Ferrum
Arx Ferrum

List Of Concerts I've Been To......... - Page 2 Newmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:16 pm

Quite the list. Some of those top mine because of the band themselves. I would've loved to have seen Zep and Floyd (with Waters still in the band).
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2