Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I changed my mind

2 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

I changed my mind Empty I changed my mind

Post by TexasBlue Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:05 pm

Rick Perry is not going to be the GOP nominee. It's an open field now.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

I changed my mind Admin210

Back to top Go down

I changed my mind Empty Re: I changed my mind

Post by TexasBlue Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:05 pm

Not that anybody cares. I'm the only one who will read this post. ROFL
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:25 pm

So... you've finally seen the light eh?

I saw that Herman Cain took the Florida straw poll with 37%. The closest anyone came to him had 15%, well less than half of Cain's total.

I'm still holding out hope that he gains momentum.
dblboggie
dblboggie

I changed my mind Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:12 am

dblboggie wrote:So... you've finally seen the light eh?

I saw that Herman Cain took the Florida straw poll with 37%. The closest anyone came to him had 15%, well less than half of Cain's total.

I'm still holding out hope that he gains momentum.

Not so much seeing the light. He lost me on free tuition for illegals. Who the hell is going to support that? Why he even went that far in the debate was beyond me. He's actually an electable guy but issues are issues. I didn't support McCain last time for his stances on some issues.

I was surprised at this. I hope it sticks. Romney isn't my kind of guy either. Cain would make a good prez.

But then again..... ABO.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:42 pm

Well to be quite honest (and I'm not a Perry fan), he did not propose "free" tuition to illlegal aliens. What he actually proposed was to allow the children of illegal aliens (who are in this country through no fault of their own, as Perry rightly pointed out) who have lived in Texas for 3 consecutive years and have graduated from high school in Texas, then they would be eligable to PAY in-state tuition rates. These are not subsidized by the state, they are simply lower rates than those paid by out of state students.

Just thought you should have the facts on this.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:04 pm

dblboggie wrote:Well to be quite honest (and I'm not a Perry fan), he did not propose "free" tuition to illlegal aliens. What he actually proposed was to allow the children of illegal aliens (who are in this country through no fault of their own, as Perry rightly pointed out) who have lived in Texas for 3 consecutive years and have graduated from high school in Texas, then they would be eligable to PAY in-state tuition rates. These are not subsidized by the state, they are simply lower rates than those paid by out of state students.

Just thought you should have the facts on this.

Perry signed the bill, HB 1403, in 2001. Perry’s law dealt with the children of illegal immigrants who were brought here after their birth, making them just as illegal as their parents. Conservatives and libertarians aren't supportive of this. We need to be intellectually consistent, because not doing so undermines the case for all the other reforms needed to fight illegal immigration. It's wrong no matter how you cut it.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:20 pm

I don't disagree with you on this, I simply wanted to point out that the offer of in-state tuition did not entail a government subsidy.

And while it is true that those children born in outside the US are as illegal as their parents, it is not they who committed the crime as, in most cases, they had no choice in the matter.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down