Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congress looking at lawmakers insider trading

2 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Congress looking at lawmakers insider trading Empty Congress looking at lawmakers insider trading

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:15 am

Code:
http://news.yahoo.com/congress-looking-lawmakers-insider-trading-210001596.html

Members of Congress, battling single digit approval ratings, are paying attention to the perception that some lawmakers enriched themselves through insider trading.

Bills in the House and Senate are getting hearings, and the House Ethics Committee has sent out a memo reminding lawmakers that insider trading could violate the law and House rules.

Anyone think Congress will stop this perk? It made Gingrich turn a teacher's salary into $100 MN before he was forced to resign from ethics violations.

Back to top Go down

Congress looking at lawmakers insider trading Empty Re: Congress looking at lawmakers insider trading

Post by TexasBlue Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:31 pm

Gingrich? Let's pull up some other good stuff from the other side. I guarantee you that both parties exploited this BS for years. It's my reason for term limits on Representatives and Senators.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Congress looking at lawmakers insider trading Admin210

Back to top Go down

Congress looking at lawmakers insider trading Empty Re: Congress looking at lawmakers insider trading

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:18 pm

Didn't Martha Stewart go to JAIL for that?

Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:41 pm

TexasBlue wrote:Gingrich? Let's pull up some other good stuff from the other side. I guarantee you that both parties exploited this BS for years. It's my reason for term limits on Representatives and Senators.

Oh, I totally agree. I just mentioned Gingrich because he seems the choice of the right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:41 pm

Mac McFadden wrote:Didn't Martha Stewart go to JAIL for that?

Mac

Yup. for her it was illegal...for the Congress...it was approved, oddly enough, by them.

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:43 pm

Yes, she did. But she got less time than you or I would've gotten.

You have to remember... congress is above the law. Hysterical
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Congress looking at lawmakers insider trading Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:45 pm

This is the very sort of crony capitalism that has made a mockery of our constitution and the rule of law - and both parties are equally guilty of these abuses.

Any member of congress practicing insider trading should be expelled immediately and prosecuted for it in a court of law, as any of us would be.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Congress looking at lawmakers insider trading Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:50 am

dblboggie wrote:This is the very sort of crony capitalism that has made a mockery of our constitution and the rule of law - and both parties are equally guilty of these abuses.

Any member of congress practicing insider trading should be expelled immediately and prosecuted for it in a court of law, as any of us would be.

I totally agree. This massive corruption needs to stop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down