Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Senate rejects effort to strip detainee provision

2 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Senate rejects effort to strip detainee provision Empty Senate rejects effort to strip detainee provision

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:17 am

Code:
http://news.yahoo.com/senate-rejects-effort-strip-detainee-provision-201511882.html

The Senate on Tuesday rejected an effort to strip divisive provisions from a defense bill that deal with the capture and handling of suspected terrorists, setting up a showdown with the White House.

The resounding 60-38 vote sent a strong message to the Obama administration, which has threatened a veto of the bill over the requirement of military custody for captured terror suspects and limitations on the ability to transfer detainees from the naval prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The clash underscores the ongoing dispute between the executive branch and some in Congress over whether to treat suspected terrorists as prisoners of war or criminals.

I don't think this nation has seen protests yet if this provision is passed. This makes us an official 3rd world nation.

Back to top Go down

Senate rejects effort to strip detainee provision Empty Re: Senate rejects effort to strip detainee provision

Post by TexasBlue Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:33 pm

The Senate is saying that they need to be tried as war criminals. Looks to me like many Democrats are on board with this, looking at the votes.

This is a topic I tire of... mostly because it's been debated to death in here in the last 2 years. JMO.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Senate rejects effort to strip detainee provision Admin210

Back to top Go down

Senate rejects effort to strip detainee provision Empty Re: Senate rejects effort to strip detainee provision

Post by dblboggie Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:32 pm

I agree Tex. These terrorists declared an open war on the West in general and on Israel and America in particular, more than 30 years ago! Iran has said they want to wipe out Israel and America repeatedly and are waging a proxy war against both!

When do we finally wake up and realize these people mean what they say?

It is delusional or pathological wishful thinking to come to any other conclusion.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Senate rejects effort to strip detainee provision Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:52 am

TexasBlue wrote:The Senate is saying that they need to be tried as war criminals. Looks to me like many Democrats are on board with this, looking at the votes.

This is a topic I tire of... mostly because it's been debated to death in here in the last 2 years. JMO.

No, this says you can lock up American citizens because the PRESIDENT says they are domestic terrorists, send them to Gitmo without any formal charges and removing their 4th Amendment constitutional rights, and throw away the key indefinitely.

I truly think this is a dangerous piece of legislation and ALL who voted for it should be considered domestic terrorists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down