Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Determine the factual content of a statement

3 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Determine the factual content of a statement Empty Determine the factual content of a statement

Post by TexasBlue Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:39 am

Determine the factual content of a statement Determ10
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Determine the factual content of a statement Admin210

Back to top Go down

Determine the factual content of a statement Empty Re: Determine the factual content of a statement

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:46 am

ROFL

The most amazing thing I always find is that people would rather go to a second, third, or fourth hand source than actually look for the actual words of the actual person/people.

I was having an argument on climate change on another board with an idiot who kept insisting that the Royal Academy of Sciences had rejected human impact of climate change. This person posted numerous media and opinion pieces but failed to read the actual statement from the RAS which, of course, said nothing of the sort.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Determine the factual content of a statement Senmem10

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Determine the factual content of a statement Empty Re: Determine the factual content of a statement

Post by dblboggie Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:55 pm

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:ROFL

The most amazing thing I always find is that people would rather go to a second, third, or fourth hand source than actually look for the actual words of the actual person/people.

I was having an argument on climate change on another board with an idiot who kept insisting that the Royal Academy of Sciences had rejected human impact of climate change. This person posted numerous media and opinion pieces but failed to read the actual statement from the RAS which, of course, said nothing of the sort.

Determine the factual content of a statement 2h6zymq I hope that wasn't me... I don't recall this RAS statment... Determine the factual content of a statement Sg09y8
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:21 pm

Naw, it was probably whats-his-face.... Grubber.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Determine the factual content of a statement Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:58 pm

It wasn't anybody on SP. I would hope that even the most ardent climate change denier with more than half a brain would have enough common sense to check the original source if such a claim was made the the RAS no longer accepted climate change.

For the record though, the RAS has said only that they are reviewing their own research and hope to define their position by the end of the year.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down