Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community Chat: Let's See How This Works Edition

+5
i_luv_miley
The_Amber_Spyglass
BecMacFeegle
TexasBlue
dblboggie
9 posters

Page 10 of 36 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 36  Next

Go down

Community Chat: Let's See How This Works Edition - Page 10 Empty Re: Community Chat: Let's See How This Works Edition

Post by TexasBlue Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:42 pm

Tiring.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Community Chat: Let's See How This Works Edition - Page 10 Admin210

Back to top Go down

Community Chat: Let's See How This Works Edition - Page 10 Empty Re: Community Chat: Let's See How This Works Edition

Post by dblboggie Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:43 pm

ya know it's not a chat thread if nobody's chatting, right?
dblboggie
dblboggie

Community Chat: Let's See How This Works Edition - Page 10 Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:44 pm

Of course. But others don't want to join in for some "reason."
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:45 pm

TexasBlue wrote:Tiring.

*ah... there we go... we have a contestant... *

yeah, i know what ya mean... verrry long day at school for me...

what's got you whipped....

dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:49 pm

Still recovering from last week. Plus, I spent the afternoon at chemo with my mom. They zapping some floaties for the next month or two. While she was getting the chemo, I went to Walmart (that evil corporation) to buy some stuff. Everybody and their brother was there. I got fed up and left. Mad
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:51 pm

TexasBlue wrote:Of course. But others don't want to join in for some "reason."

Snicker yes... so it would seem...
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:53 pm

TexasBlue wrote:Still recovering from last week. Plus, I spent the afternoon at chemo with my mom. They zapping some floaties for the next month or two. While she was getting the chemo, I went to Walmart (that evil corporation) to buy some stuff. Everybody and their brother was there. I got fed up and left. Mad

ah... gotcha... how's your mom doing btw?
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:53 pm

Everyone else has a life. We don't seem to. ROFL
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:54 pm

dblboggie wrote:
TexasBlue wrote:Still recovering from last week. Plus, I spent the afternoon at chemo with my mom. They zapping some floaties for the next month or two. While she was getting the chemo, I went to Walmart (that evil corporation) to buy some stuff. Everybody and their brother was there. I got fed up and left. Mad

So far it seems ok. Still doing the recovery from her stroke. Now with the chemo, she's going to weaken some.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:01 pm

TexasBlue wrote:Everyone else has a life. We don't seem to. ROFL

Snicker yeah... i know what you mean... if i'm not in school i'm at work...
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:02 pm

I'm in neither. Very Happy
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:04 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
dblboggie wrote:

So far it seems ok. Still doing the recovery from her stroke. Now with the chemo, she's going to weaken some.

yeah... chemo is no picnic by any means... i do hope she makes a full recovery...

i just recently learned that my mother may have cancer... we're still waiting for further tests, but the dr. seems pretty sure about it... probably won't know for another week or so...
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:05 pm

TexasBlue wrote:I'm in neither. Very Happy

Snicker oh yeah.... right... how many hours a week do you work at the post office?
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:06 pm

dblboggie wrote:yeah... chemo is no picnic by any means... i do hope she makes a full recovery...

i just recently learned that my mother may have cancer... we're still waiting for further tests, but the dr. seems pretty sure about it... probably won't know for another week or so...

What brought all that on? What kind do they think it may be?
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:07 pm

dblboggie wrote:

Snicker oh yeah.... right... how many hours a week do you work at the post office?

Between 3 and 11. Sometimes more. It's a dead end job, sad to say.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:11 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
dblboggie wrote:yeah... chemo is no picnic by any means... i do hope she makes a full recovery...

What brought all that on? What kind do they think it may be?

well she is 85... and she smoked for decades... i'd say she's done pretty well to this point, all things considered.... but she's been in pain for a few months now and has lost a lot of weight... so we got her to go to her doctor to get some tests... (she hates going to the doctor's office)...

we have no clue yet as to what kind of cancer it may be... she's going for a full thoracic/abdominal cat scan and more blood tests soon, that will likely give us some clues...
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:13 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
dblboggie wrote:

that's too bad... hard to live on 3-11 hours a week... unless yer homeless...
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:15 pm

dblboggie wrote:well she is 85... and she smoked for decades... i'd say she's done pretty well to this point, all things considered.... but she's been in pain for a few months now and has lost a lot of weight... so we got her to go to her doctor to get some tests... (she hates going to the doctor's office)...

we have no clue yet as to what kind of cancer it may be... she's going for a full thoracic/abdominal cat scan and more blood tests soon, that will likely give us some clues...

None of that sounds good.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:16 pm

dblboggie wrote:
TexasBlue wrote:
dblboggie wrote:

Yeah and I can't quit that place either or i'll lose my unemployment.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:17 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
dblboggie wrote:well she is 85... and she smoked for decades... i'd say she's done pretty well to this point, all things considered.... but she's been in pain for a few months now and has lost a lot of weight... so we got her to go to her doctor to get some tests... (she hates going to the doctor's office)...

None of that sounds good.

yeah... i know... and if it is bad enough, i know my mother... she will not take heroic measures to extend her life a for a few months or so... i fear she will elect to let it run its course...
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:19 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
dblboggie wrote:
TexasBlue wrote:
dblboggie wrote:

Yeah and I can't quit that place either or i'll lose my unemployment.

Community Chat: Let's See How This Works Edition - Page 10 R1ltsw huh??? you are employed as a condition of receiving unemployment??? how exactly does that work???
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:20 pm

dblboggie wrote:yeah... i know... and if it is bad enough, i know my mother... she will not take heroic measures to extend her life a for a few months or so... i fear she will elect to let it run its course...

That's probably a wise choice on her part. These days, drugs do just that... extend the life. But the bad part is that you will give up something in return for it. Something else always fails due to life extending drugs.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:21 pm

dblboggie wrote:
TexasBlue wrote:Yeah and I can't quit that place either or i'll lose my unemployment.

Community Chat: Let's See How This Works Edition - Page 10 R1ltsw huh??? you are employed as a condition of receiving unemployment??? how exactly does that work???

If you work less than 32 hours a week, you qualify.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:29 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
dblboggie wrote:yeah... i know... and if it is bad enough, i know my mother... she will not take heroic measures to extend her life a for a few months or so... i fear she will elect to let it run its course...

That's probably a wise choice on her part. These days, drugs do just that... extend the life. But the bad part is that you will give up something in return for it. Something else always fails due to life extending drugs.

yeah... i know... and all of my brothers and sisters agreed to respect her wishes on that... no one lives forever... we'll hate to see her go, but she's had a long life, we are not going to force her to make her last days miserable with treatments that will only momentarily delay the inevitable... that would be selfish...
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:31 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
dblboggie wrote:
TexasBlue wrote:Yeah and I can't quit that place either or i'll lose my unemployment.

If you work less than 32 hours a week, you qualify.

Shocked 32 hours!?!?!? hell, i would KILL to work 32 hours!!!! i've been getting 8-10 hours a week for the last 2 months and it's killing me!
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 36 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 36  Next