Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Universal Health Care versus Privatized Health Care

4 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Universal Health Care versus Privatized Health Care - Page 2 Empty Re: Universal Health Care versus Privatized Health Care

Post by TexasBlue Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:24 pm

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:
TexasBlue wrote:One day in the future, you'll be a Palin fan while i still question her (which I do). ROFL
Never. The woman is an insufferable moron and worse - proud of it. And the one thing I cannot abide is prideful ignorance being passed off as a virtue *COUGH* 1oldminer *COUGH*. How could I support a woman who thinks that the planet is 6000 years old, that evolution is all a lie, a rapture cultist and a woman who didn't even know what the term "bail out" meant. McCain's choice of her as a potential VP would have been enough to put me off voting for him, but her stupid comment about fruitflies was the point of no return.

I was j-o-k-i-n-g. Very Happy
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Universal Health Care versus Privatized Health Care - Page 2 Admin210

Back to top Go down

Universal Health Care versus Privatized Health Care - Page 2 Empty Re: Universal Health Care versus Privatized Health Care

Post by TexasBlue Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:25 pm

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:
TexasBlue wrote:Isn't that what media does though?
Is it really so wrong to expect any sort of journalistic integrity? Since when did news reporting stop being about reporting events and more about how we can skew it to appeal to the prejudices of the readership?

Not at all. I expect integrity out of all media. We don't get it anymore.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Universal Health Care versus Privatized Health Care - Page 2 Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:53 pm

BecMacFeegle wrote:
Universal HC is NOT there to be on par with private HC, it is there to offer an alternative to those who can't afford private HC.

That might be the case in Germany, but it certainly isn't in the UK. The NHS is the standard - it is what everybody uses, even those who have private health care have to pay for it and they have to use it too. It uses the same staff and often the same facilities. There are some treatments you simply can't get privately - and your first point of call, for private or solely NHS patients, is your NHS GP.

Well I guess the UK is the exception when it comes to Universal HC, so to say. Most countries with Universal HC have a system similar to the one I described, meaning that the government issues insurance, but only to those who cannot afford private insurance.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Universal Health Care versus Privatized Health Care - Page 2 Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:37 pm

Government insurance here (National Insurance) is a compulsary deduction from our wages but it doesn't just cover healthcare, it also covers any unemployment benefit we might claim and the state pension.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Universal Health Care versus Privatized Health Care - Page 2 Senmem10

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:55 pm

Same here in Germany. 'Social Taxes' cover everything here from HC to free day care, to unemployment benefits, to retirement money, etc.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Universal Health Care versus Privatized Health Care - Page 2 Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2